Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Results 436 to 450 of 450
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wild-Windy Wyoming
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Defiant
    Ideology
    Constitutionalist
    Age
    54
    Posts
    42,180
    Rep Power
    19
    Post Like Stats

    Lightbulb The Problems with Global Warming.....

    I created this thread here simply because greater control is necessary to debate this critical issue. One of the main problems, which causes the debate to cease, is the use of generic terms which include subsets of other items which may or may not be root causes.

    Lets take the Term "Global Warming". The term insinuates that the earth is warming but what it does not do is determine what the individual or cumulative causes are for it. For the purposes of this thread this term is not acceptable as it fails to identify whether the cause in warming is attributed to man or attributed to natural process.

    As you can see the choice of terms is ambiguous and leaves open the problems of misinterpretation or outright deceitful misdirection.

    Natural Variation = Processes which are natural and occur without mans influence.

    Natural Forcing = Specific definable processes which triggers warming or cooling.

    Man Created Forcing = The specific contribution which results in warming or cooling. (Also known as Anthropogenic Forcing) and may enhance/mute natural ones

    Land Use Induced = Changes in local areas which are due to the lands use. (roads, buildings, etc which result in the Urban Heat Island or other potential changes from the natural state of the area)

    Pollution = Man created products which cause harm to the natural environment. Naturally occurring gasses and those items which occur through the natural cycles of the earth are not considered pollutants. (CO2 can be both but be prepared to show how you determined what was naturally caused and what is man created.) [Negative impacts on health do not occur below 6,000ppm - United States Navy determination on long term submarine operations].

    Consensus = Is not a scientific term and alludes to the possibility that there is no other meaning, process or reason for what we observe. It is inherently anti-science and political (mob rule).

    With the majority of the troublesome terms well defined lets try this one again..

    The IPCC makes the claim that all of the warming post 1950 is man caused due to the increase of CO2 in our atmosphere. So lets see just what the natural process was prior to 1950 and compare it to that time span.

    Lets define the most recent natural rate of warming which I will do in my next post and then we will try to hash this out..
    Last edited by Billy_Bob; May 20th, 2014 at 9:48 pm.

  2. Sponsored Links


  3. #436
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,834
    Rep Power
    10
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Looks like natural variation.


  4. Sponsored Links


  5. #437
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    central Illinois
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Conservative Libertarian
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,135
    Rep Power
    11
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c.r.citizen View Post
    Excellent approach to discussing this. 2 thumbs up on the definition of terms. However, I have one question.

    Is a human exhaling considered "Pollution" and does it also fall under "Man Created Forcing"?

    If this was asked already, my apologies.
    That depends on who you are talking to!

    "The struggle of the Left to rationalize its positions is an intolerable, Sisyphean burden. I speak as a reformed liberal."
    David Mamet

  6. Sponsored Links


  7. #438
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,834
    Rep Power
    10
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    It looked hard to do, but 2016 is the hottest year on record. Incredibly each of the past three years has been hotter than the previous. Congrats everyone - we did it!


  8. Sponsored Links


  9. #439
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Last Best Place
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Posts
    95,521
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Thank goodness!

    It's -49 here today. Without global warming it might be -59, and I can tell you from experience that those ten degrees are VERY significant!

    "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

  10. Sponsored Links


  11. #440
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    central Illinois
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Conservative Libertarian
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,135
    Rep Power
    11
    Post Like Stats

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Solsbury Krill View Post
    It looked hard to do, but 2016 is the hottest year on record. Incredibly each of the past three years has been hotter than the previous. Congrats everyone - we did it!

    Wow! 140 year graph. Yet according to the graph put together by scientists studying the Vostok Ice Core, the current interglacial has the lowest temperature of the past three, over the last 350.000 years. Some of them were shorter, but they were all warmer. Actual science can be such a pesky thing.

    "The struggle of the Left to rationalize its positions is an intolerable, Sisyphean burden. I speak as a reformed liberal."
    David Mamet

  12. Sponsored Links


  13. #441
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,834
    Rep Power
    10
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    NASA - known for fake science.

  14. Sponsored Links


  15. #442
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,866
    Rep Power
    9
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    In other words, skeptics say that climate scientists' models are flawed, but have any developed a comprehensive model of their own?
    Why develop another "model" that can't be proven for 100's of years? And I don't believe its actual "scientists" that have developed the model used to scare children and young adults into believing that earth will not be habitable when they reach their senior years.

    And don't give me the 97% argument because I know where that comes from and it has nothing to do with science or scientists at all.

  16. Sponsored Links


  17. #443
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Gender
    Female
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Democratic Party
    Posts
    41,676
    Rep Power
    20
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roxiebell View Post
    Why develop another "model" that can't be proven for 100's of years? And I don't believe its actual "scientists" that have developed the model used to scare children and young adults into believing that earth will not be habitable when they reach their senior years.

    And don't give me the 97% argument because I know where that comes from and it has nothing to do with science or scientists at all.
    I can see you've put a lot into your research.
    Trump supporters have space bugs in their heads. It is the only explanation.

  18. Sponsored Links


  19. #444
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,649
    Rep Power
    12
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Another month where both the Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere were above the the 30-year (1981-2010) average.

    2017 01 +0.30 +0.27 +0.33 +0.07

    http://www.drroyspencer.com/2017/02/...17-0-30-deg-c/

  20. Sponsored Links


  21. #445
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    left coast
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Defiant
    Ideology
    Rightwing Nutjob
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    2
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    The moonbeam commie rat democrat left coast governor is so focused - he wrote off his state as in permanant drought status because of all the warming evidence.
    So he dicides we need high speed rail instead of fixing dams and other sturctures.
    But this is just a fluke - it will dry up again for another decade or two, right?.
    he wont repair dams, he won't build more, what few we have are not allowed to fill because we need to do flood control so most runoff goes to the ocean and dont forget the salmon and all the water it takes to get them to do their thing.
    And our arms are open to the populations of the world.
    so yeah, evidence resides right up his flawed ideaology mental abode, a place where the sun dont shine.

  22. Sponsored Links


  23. #446
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Last Best Place
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Posts
    95,521
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rx4liberty View Post
    The moonbeam commie rat democrat left coast governor is so focused - he wrote off his state as in permanant drought status because of all the warming evidence.
    So he dicides we need high speed rail instead of fixing dams and other sturctures.
    But this is just a fluke - it will dry up again for another decade or two, right?.
    he wont repair dams, he won't build more, what few we have are not allowed to fill because we need to do flood control so most runoff goes to the ocean and dont forget the salmon and all the water it takes to get them to do their thing.
    And our arms are open to the populations of the world.
    so yeah, evidence resides right up his flawed ideaology mental abode, a place where the sun dont shine.
    He just declared the drought emergency over.

    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...407-story.html

    "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

  24. Sponsored Links


  25. #447
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Whiteford, Md
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Crusty Conservative
    Posts
    7,737
    Rep Power
    10
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    He just declared the drought emergency over.

    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...407-story.html
    He's treading water. What else do you expect him to do?
    Kept in the dark, fed only horse****...





  26. Sponsored Links


  27. #448
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    left coast
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Defiant
    Ideology
    Rightwing Nutjob
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    2
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    He just declared the drought emergency over.

    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...407-story.html
    Well Governor moonbeam, the leader of the commie liberal democratic state of california has followed up this end of drout declairation with a long term plan for manditory water conservation. If you dig into the details you will find that this mandatory conservation targets smaller communities in the northern part of the state and limits our usage to 110 gal/day as delivered from the water treatment plants. It also liiminates the ability of small commnities with resivours to sell excess water to the southern states but allows the state to confiscate it and sell it. It is all designed to deliver as much water as possible to southern california where the vast majority of the states population lives in desert climates where there is no water. They have already depleted the Colorado River and other sources. This legislation the commie rat democrats propose will steel water from the north to supplement the south and allow wealthy people to purchase land and build vast water storage facilities so that they can sell water at a premium in the future.
    its all about greed and the politics of state water and the desert people are winning. This is california.
    Jefferson state is still a hopeful alternative to being sold out by commie rat politicians.
    If the bogus idea of man made climate change is responsible for claifornia getting the most rain this season it has had in 150 years, I do not hear any california commie rat political advocates of climate change complaining.
    Last edited by Rx4liberty; April 14th, 2017 at 2:43 pm.

  28. Sponsored Links


  29. #449
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Last Best Place
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Posts
    95,521
    Rep Power
    30
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rx4liberty View Post
    Well Governor moonbeam, the leader of the commie liberal democratic state of california has followed up this end of drout declairation with a long term plan for manditory water conservation. If you dig into the details you will find that this mandatory conservation targets smaller communities in the northern part of the state and limits our usage to 110 gal/day as delivered from the water treatment plants. It also liiminates the ability of small commnities with resivours to sell excess water to the southern states but allows the state to confiscate it and sell it. It is all designed to deliver as much water as possible to southern california where the vast majority of the states population lives in desert climates where there is no water. They have already depleted the Colorado River and other sources. This legislation the commie rat democrats propose will steel water from the north to supplement the south and allow wealthy people to purchase land and build vast water storage facilities so that they can sell water at a premium in the future.
    its all about greed and the politics of state water and the desert people are winning. This is california.
    Jefferson state is still a hopeful alternative to being sold out by commie rat politicians.
    If the bogus idea of man made climate change is responsible for claifornia getting the most rain this season it has had in 150 years, I do not hear any california commie rat political advocates of climate change complaining.
    If California had established water conservation measures 50-60 years ago, they would have never gotten into this situation.

    "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

  30. Sponsored Links


  31. #450
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    left coast
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Defiant
    Ideology
    Rightwing Nutjob
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    2
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    If California had established water conservation measures 50-60 years ago, they would have never gotten into this situation.
    Possibly true, the other side of this is the planning and building departments that issue building permits and allow water connections in desert areas where there is no water.
    There is such a thing as controlling growth too but greed always seems to take precedence in democratic controlled states where social programs are so abundant and revenue so necessary.

  32. Sponsored Links


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •