Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Bundy ranch showdown - Put women up at the front....

Post Like Stats

Default Bundy ranch showdown - Put women up at the front....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...nch-standoff/#

Former Arizona Sheriff Richard Mack revealed on Monday that he and other organizers who traveled to Clark County, Nev., to support Cliven Bundy during his land dispute with the feds planned to put women on the front lines in case the “rogue federal officers” started shooting.

Mack made the chilling revelation on Fox News’ “The Real Story” Monday, two days after the tense standoff between Bundy and the federal government came to a peaceful end.

“We were actually strategizing to put all the women up at the front,” he said. “If they are going to start shooting, it’s going to be women that are going to be televised all across the world getting shot by these rogue federal officers.”

-----

Former Az Sheriff at the scene supporting Bundy details the strategy of putting women up front so the fed. agents would have to shoot them first.

Wow- So, just wondering how the supporters of Bundy and the armed militia and their use of intimidation to stop the legal execution of a court order feel about this.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by SixFoot View Post
    Yep, and payroll taxes are really just a fee for services rendered.

Wild grass... Silly progs.
    No.

Payroll taxes are a tax.

My Mood
    Gloomy
    Ideology
    Libertarian Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by tnt View Post
    Now this makes sense. Some of your earlier posts sounded like you were defending what that guy said.
    I'm just not shocked by it and I understand where it came from. It's just not a big deal to me. In fact if any of those BLM troops caught wind of the strategy through the media prior to the final face off it may well have been one of the factors in the decision to back off. There's no need to freak out about it and it doesn't mean anyone here wants anyone to die.
    In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds the timid join him for then it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain(1886)

Post Like Stats

This thing should be re-named to an "Act of Love"....the rancher is only breaking a law for the love of his family....he needs to feed his family after all...

Perhaps he can find a way to show his family came here not so legal. Great way to get a free pass for breaking laws....

Being a woman, if I were there...I'd be on that front line "willingly"! No one would have to ask........the Feds are going tooooo far on almost every area of our lives, a stand has to be taken some where at some time or they'll just keep on reaching!

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Dr BloodMoney View Post
    Yes, and if he or she get caught would you support 40+ of the guys buddies facing down the cops by pointing legal weapons at them?
    I have no problem with civil disobedience.

Not very supportive of gun use in your scenario though.
    Boy, I say Boy!
    You're about to exceed the limitations of my medication!

My Mood
    Irritated
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Tax on wild grass, brother. Think about that for a while. Tax on wild grass. Is there anything the feds won't squeeze you for? This hill you speak of isn't about Bundy.
    Lets switch the situation around a little. Say there were 20 ranchers in that area that wanted to graze that land with tens of thousands of cattle and turn it into a dust bowl far worse than it already is. Would you then support the government's rights to limit grazing on public land and assess grazing fees?
    RWReaganfan
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives. - Ronald Reagan

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by camarozz View Post
    Many of the liberal posts in this thread amount to endorsements of tyranny.
    Enforcing laws, that have moved through the court system, as mandated and specified by the Constitution....is tyranny?

Wow.

“How can you have a war on terrorism when war itself is terrorism?”
    Howard Zinn

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by party-free View Post
    Irrelevant to THIS discussion unless you can find someone on the forum supporting that position, at which point you could maybe call them a hypocrite.

Doesn't change the fact that Bundy is refusing to comply with lawful court orders.
    Many on this forum supported that position. They also support it in the case of the 'dreamers'. Seems to me that they support 'anarchy' if it works to their political benefit.

Post Like Stats

Fear not, for nobody has forgotten how idiots your posts get.

“How can you have a war on terrorism when war itself is terrorism?”
    Howard Zinn

Post Like Stats

For those who keep repeating it's been in court .......Yes, Federal Court....ruling FOR Federal Gov..........now how many times does one think a Fed Court rules for Fed Gov?

What 90%? 95%? more like 99%....

My Mood
    Gloomy
    Ideology
    Libertarian Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by tnt View Post
    No.

I was illustrating what citizens can do when they feel the law is unjust, or misapplied, or they have otherwise been wronged.

They go to court.

Sometimes, they will lose in court.

Like the libs did in Cit. U. Like Bundy did.

The next step isn't gunning up and putting the women in front.

At least, I don't think it should be.
    You might want to tell the illegal immigrant groups who have threatened violence and civil disobedience if Congress doesn't pass immigration "reform" that because apparently they didn't get the memo. People are getting increasingly frustrated with laws and the twisting of things to make them seem okay. You may agree with the ACA mandate but not everyone buys the "it's a tax" argument even with a Supreme Court decision which wasn't unanimous. As tenuous as the excuse for killing citizens with drones. The federal government is making it harder and harder to accept law as it is. That is a dangerous thing.
    In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds the timid join him for then it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain(1886)

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by RWReaganfan View Post
    Lets switch the situation around a little. Say there were 20 ranchers in that area that wanted to graze that land with tens of thousands of cattle and turn it into a dust bowl far worse than it already is. Would you then support the government's rights to limit grazing on public land and assess grazing fees?
    Bundy is the ONLY rancher left in the area.....so I don't think we have to worry about that type of problem.......

Post Like Stats

No tyranny and no anarchy. People are being ridiculous on both sides IMHO.
    Im making that point as well.

On top of the ******** comments coming out as a defense for someones opinion.

My opinion of the situation, the guy probably should have manned up and tried to figure out how to get the fees paid. That, and the government should not have stepped in to what amounts to theft from a citizen.

There are other ways to apply the law and settle the accounts without it building up to a grand government stance.

Right or wrong, at the first instance of the public standing behind/with this guy, the government should have backed off and went to the table with him. As far as Im concerned it is not about tyranny or anarchy; but the perception. There are a lot of people in the country tired of what seems to be too much government intervention, and too much for piddly assed little crap.
    Boy, I say Boy!

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by camarozz View Post
    I have no problem with civil disobedience.

Not very supportive of gun use in your scenario though.
    Same here, unfortunately Mr Bundy did not go that route either, he did not use civil disobedience and he added weapons to the mix, making it a highly charged and dangerous action. The Feds played it correctly and backed off.
    War On String May Be Unwinnable, Says Cat General

General Bonkers....

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by nebcon View Post
    You might want to tell the illegal immigrant groups who have threatened violence and civil disobedience if Congress doesn't pass immigration "reform" that because apparently they didn't get the memo. People are getting increasingly frustrated with laws and the twisting of things to make them seem okay. You may agree with the ACA mandate but not everyone buys the "it's a tax" argument even with a Supreme Court decision which wasn't unanimous. As tenuous as the excuse for killing citizens with drones. The federal government is making it harder and harder to accept law as it is. That is a dangerous thing.
    and the frustration comes out in things like this.
    Boy, I say Boy!

Post Like Stats

I imagine Mr Bundy would have thrown a fit. Maybe resort to threats and weapons against his neighbors.
    War On String May Be Unwinnable, Says Cat General

General Bonkers....