Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default Forum Rules: Questions and Answers

A new and improved Great American Guide has been posted! Please take some time to review the new rules. You will see that the civility rules have relaxed a bit. This is by no means an invitation to turn this place into a flame fest. That being said, we hope with the relaxed rules, we will see more spirited, lively debate.

Take special notice of the new Reporting System and levels of Infraction. We will begin utilizing the new system immediately.

If you have any questions about the Rules, please feel free to ask them here.

There is to be no peanuts or off-topic posting in this thread.
    Last edited by BasicGreatGuy_OLD; April 14th, 2014 at 4:44 pm.

Argument is to determine who is right.
    Discussion is to determine what is right.

2. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by sircharliebrown View Post
    Zero infractions have been issued since the new Rules roll out. We have received a half dozen reports so far - all of which were ruled no foul.

The Time Outs I mentioned were people who were on a Time Out for prior issues, and out of those 4, the Mods have just agreed to lift 3 of those Time Outs. That will be happening shortly...

We really don't want to be a hammer here. I promise. We are trying to be fair to all, yet maintain an enjoyable place for everyone, while protecting Sean's name.
    Sorry if I'm being a pest but I just want to be sure the information I'm seeing is correct. A poster was banned within the past 5 hours?

4. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Drawz View Post
    Sorry if I'm being a pest but I just want to be sure the information I'm seeing is correct. A poster was banned within the past 5 hours?
    Yes, Sorry about that. I wasn't clear on that. One user was banned for being a Retread.

6. Sponsored Links

Yes, Sorry about that. I wasn't clear on that. One user was banned for being a Retread.
    Ah, thanks.

8. Sponsored Links

I noticed that thread rating is back and at the same time that you can't rate threads in the religion forum. Was that on purpose? I don't care either way, just wondering.

10. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    I noticed that thread rating is back and at the same time that you can't rate threads in the religion forum. Was that on purpose? I don't care either way, just wondering.
    We will get back to you on that.
    Last edited by BasicGreatGuy_OLD; April 15th, 2014 at 8:42 am.

12. Sponsored Links

Quick question: Is the use of a common acronym like the 2nd letter of the alphabet followed by the 19th letter of the alphabet still considered a filter bypass?

14. Sponsored Links

BS is allowed. Another acronym beginning in W and ending in F, with a T in the middle is not allowed.

16. Sponsored Links

Re: Reporting possible TOS violations---
    Is it still an acceptable practice to warn a poster about a possible violation and suggest an edit?
    If we amplify everything we hear nothing.

18. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by hatman View Post
    Re: Reporting possible TOS violations---
    Is it still an acceptable practice to warn a poster about a possible violation and suggest an edit?
    Absolutely. We don't want to see people taunting others with threats to Report, but giving someone a heads up and a friendly reminder is definitely an option.

It's always nice when things can be resolved between guests without having to rise to Moderator intervention.

20. Sponsored Links

Will we always know if we have been reported or only if a Moderator has taken action and we receive notification of an infraction?
    Tis the Season ... Luke 2:7-14

22. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by LouC View Post
    Will we always know if we have been reported or only if a Moderator has taken action and we receive notification of an infraction?
    You will only know if Moderator action is taken.

24. Sponsored Links

You will only know if Moderator action is taken.
    Thanks.
    Tis the Season ... Luke 2:7-14

26. Sponsored Links

Where might I go to find infractions against my account? I read the new rules and the part about expired fractions and wanted to see if one from years ago was still on it.

28. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjacorpse View Post
    Where might I go to find infractions against my account? I read the new rules and the part about expired fractions and wanted to see if one from years ago was still on it.
    Click on your profile and you should find it there. Billy_BOb posted this walk-thru for us. Your prior infraction should be wiped clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bob View Post
    IF you have no infractions the 'tab' is not visible. (i checked after you deleted the infraction). To find it simply click on 'My Profile' when the new screen opens you will see the infractions tab.
    Attachment 246988

If you click on the 'infractions' tab it will display your current disciplinary points and all infractions including the moderator who gave it allowing you to contact the person with whom you need to direct your responses to.

Attachment 246989

Pretty slick... Good Work folks...

30. Sponsored Links

Other than being able to BS, how specifically are civility rules different than before ?

Go ahead and try to block my shtoyle !

32. Sponsored Links