Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Default Forum Rules: Questions and Answers

A new and improved Great American Guide has been posted! Please take some time to review the new rules. You will see that the civility rules have relaxed a bit. This is by no means an invitation to turn this place into a flame fest. That being said, we hope with the relaxed rules, we will see more spirited, lively debate.

Take special notice of the new Reporting System and levels of Infraction. We will begin utilizing the new system immediately.

If you have any questions about the Rules, please feel free to ask them here.

There is to be no peanuts or off-topic posting in this thread.
    Last edited by BasicGreatGuy_OLD; April 14th, 2014 at 4:44 pm.

Argument is to determine who is right.
    Discussion is to determine what is right.

2. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    Well its already been ruled that BS was acceptable years ago.

End of story.
    By one person who isn't a mod any longer and hasn't been to the forum in some time. The entire reason this came up is because, apparently, that ruling wasn't entirely agreed upon, so no, it's not the end of the story until we hear an update from the mods.

We can definitely use some clarifications on some rules-there seems to be some inconsistency lately, so some clarification would be great! Don't you agree?

4. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

While we're clarifying rules.. .

Is this kind of language now acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Removed
    Someone should tell that son of a {REMOVED} he's fired.
    That particular use of the word "bitch" has always been off limits here for as long as I've been a member but suddenly a few posters are using it every chance they get.
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

6. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    While we're clarifying rules.. .

Is this kind of language now acceptable?

That particular use of the word "bitch" has always been off limits here for as long as I've been a member but suddenly a few posters are using it every chance they get.
    Depends on how the word is being used.
    Trump supporters have space bugs in their heads. It is the only explanation.

8. Sponsored Links

BS is allowed as stated in the post SCB made back in the day. It will not be considered a filter bypass.

The term bitch, when referring to a woman or an honored guest is never acceptable. Other instances may be deleted at a mod's discretion.
    If Peeing Your Pants Is Cool Consider Me Miles Davis

10. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gwhughes View Post
    BS is allowed as stated in the post SCB made back in the day. It will not be considered a filter bypass.

The term bitch, when referring to a woman or an honored guest is never acceptable. Other instances may be deleted at a mod's discretion.
    GW the word is always being directed at a woman in that phrase as ever son is the offspring of the object in the phrase.

The question is, is that now being allowed?
    Don't Blame Me I voted for Cruz! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless
    THE DEFICIT

12. Sponsored Links

13. Likes The Girl from Ipanema liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    GW the word is always being directed at a woman in that phrase as ever son is the offspring of the object in the phrase.

The question is, is that now being allowed?
    Mods discretion. If the phrase is aimed at a man, as commonly it is used metaphorically, I see no issue. If, however, its use denigrates a woman, it will be deleted and an infraction may ensue. I see little reason to type son of a bitch other than to abuse this decision. If used gratuitously, an abuse of forum infraction may be used to reign in that behavior.
    Last edited by gwhughes; September 29th, 2017 at 7:31 am.

15. Sponsored Links

In addition, I hope we're of the understanding that under no circumstances should BS, son of a bitch, or bitch be used in a thread title.

17. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gwhughes View Post
    Mods discretion. If the phrase is aimed at a man, as commonly it is used metaphorically, I see no issue. If, however, its use denigrates a woman, it will be deleted and an infraction may ensue. I see little reason to type son of a bitch other than to abuse this decision. If used gratuitously, an abuse of forum infraction may be used to reign in that behavior.
    Funny thing about seeing words as pictures.

When someone say you're acting like a bitch.....you just called that individual a bitch.

It is why I don't use that word much (maybe 3 or 4 times in 11 years). I may say libs are always bitching about treatment they get from such an such.....or libs are bitching about Trump tweets again, but never directed at any individual.

And thus that should be the rule, if it's directed at individual then do what you must to nip it at the bud.

Otherwise I can see it being abused real fast.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

19. Sponsored Links

Is there something I can do on my end to actually see the threads in order? The majority of threads I see have the order of posts jumbled with the OP often appearing a few posts down and nothing after that being in proper order. I've heard others mention this glitch but haven't seen if there is an easy fix or not.

21. Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Is there something I can do on my end to actually see the threads in order? The majority of threads I see have the order of posts jumbled with the OP often appearing a few posts down and nothing after that being in proper order. I've heard others mention this glitch but haven't seen if there is an easy fix or not.
    The only time I see it is when someone responds to a post inside of a minute of the time it was posted. Generally, it is not much of a problem except in fast moving threads with a lot of active participants. Then it can become very difficult sometimes to follow the continuity of the conversations.

"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

23. Sponsored Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Forum Actions >> General Settings >> Thread Display Options >> Thread Display Mode

Threaded or Hybrid mode allows for viewing them in the correct order, although neither are my preferred choice for viewing the forums.
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by jerks.

25. Sponsored Links