Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very curious case - twins found dead in their recliners after three years

My Mood
    Naughty
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Default Very curious case - twins found dead in their recliners after three years

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/04...ssee?hpt=hp_t3

Police in Chattanooga, Tennessee, made a gruesome discovery over the weekend, finding the skeletal remains of identical twin brothers sitting on recliners inside their home.

Investigators are still waiting on toxicology results to determine the cause of death for the 63-year-old men, according to a press release from the Chattanooga Police Department, which was obtained by HLN affiliate WDEF. There were no signs of foul play, and police say there is no evidence to suggest the brothers' deaths were homicides.
    How odd. Police seem to be quick to suggest no foul play but something's not right here. These gentlemen weren't young and in poor health as well as hermits so noone even noticed their absence for three years.

Still, for both of them to be found dead in their recliners ? It appears they died at the same time. One scenario I'm thinking is that one or both of them decided to poison themselves with a deadly substance, sort of a suicide or murder/suicide scenario.

This story also says that they both were severely diabetic:

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/2014/...house/7117341/

Very curious as to what the toxicology reports will say.
    We now return to the end of a really depressing 1970s Sci-Fi movie starring a guy in a turtleneck.

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Well, twins do have a "rapport," maybe once one died the other just followed suit.

In the case of couples who have been married for a long time (and who were still very much in love) one death follows shortly after the other - albeit not within seconds usually!

I think natural death and suicide, or suicide pact, is a likely scenario.
    http://thethunderchild.com/: Science fiction webzine
    Inquisitive Omnian

My Mood
    Naughty
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Alex McAlpine View Post
    Well, twins do have a "rapport," maybe once one died the other just followed suit.

In the case of couples who have been married for a long time (and who were still very much in love) one death follows shortly after the other - albeit not within seconds usually!

I think natural death and suicide, or suicide pact, is a likely scenario.
    What are the chances it was actually natural causes, though ?

The only scenario I could sort of see is them being severely diabetic, they both went into insulin shock after drinking some coke in front of the television. I think the second article mentions there was a 12pack of Coke, mostly unfinished next tot hem
    We now return to the end of a really depressing 1970s Sci-Fi movie starring a guy in a turtleneck.

My Mood
    Stubborn
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

...skeletal remains? How long were they dead before anyone noticed?

*This is a prediction, not a jab.
    We the regulars built an empire of dirt.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by ALcard View Post
    ...skeletal remains? How long were they dead before anyone noticed?
    im just guessing, but id say three years...

Very curious case - twins found dead in their recliners after three years
    "What is our aim?... Victory, victory at all costs, victory inspite of all terror; victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival." winnie the church

My Mood
    Stubborn
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by UK Glenmont View Post
    im just guessing, but id say three years...

Very curious case - twins found dead in their recliners after three years
    I read "days".

My Mood
    Stubborn
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Three years... I guess no one liked them.

My Mood
    Naughty
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by ALcard View Post
    Three years... I guess no one liked them.
    See, another freedom of city living v country

Freedom to not be dead in your recliner for three years before anyone notices as your neighbors would likely complain about the smell

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Classical Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
    See, another freedom of city living v country

Freedom to not be dead in your recliner for three years before anyone notices as your neighbors would likely complain about the smell
    I don't see that it is a problem. If their smell wasn't bothering anybody, not a problem.

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Classical Liberal
    Post Like Stats

There was a case in Bamberg County, South Carolina about ten years back.

Cable guy goes out to a remote rural house to do a service turnoff due to non payment.

He gets to the door and nobody answers. He looks through the front window and sees the TV going with somebody in the chair but still no answer to his taps on the window. He goes around to the back of the house and looks in and sees her mummified body.

They later determined that she had been dead about a year. All her bills were on automatic pay, but since she had died, the credit cards eventually hit their limit and declined, triggering the visit of the cable guy. Or she probably would still be decaying in that house to this very day.

She evidently had no surviving family and was pretty much a hermit.

My Mood
    Tired
    Ideology
    Libertarian Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
    http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/04...ssee?hpt=hp_t3

How odd. Police seem to be quick to suggest no foul play but something's not right here. These gentlemen weren't young and in poor health as well as hermits so noone even noticed their absence for three years.

Still, for both of them to be found dead in their recliners ? It appears they died at the same time. One scenario I'm thinking is that one or both of them decided to poison themselves with a deadly substance, sort of a suicide or murder/suicide scenario.

This story also says that they both were severely diabetic:

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/2014/...house/7117341/

Very curious as to what the toxicology reports will say.
    They just said there were no signs of foul play. After three years absent a bullet hole through the skull or remnants of lots of dried blood on the chairs there isn't going to much if any evidence to indicate how they died. Thus there wouldn't be any signs of foul play and its better to say there are none at first and change the status later than vice versa. Any such evidence, if there is any, will likely come later.

Two scenarios come to mind for me:

1) Carbon monoxide poisoning or something like that. A family in a nearby town to me all recently died from this when a vent in the roof got block up by ice causing a back flow of C0 into the house and they all died unaware anything was wrong. After three years this would dissipate if the source of the C0 had stopped (fire place / furnace, etc) and not be obvious to those entering the house.

2) One died naturally in the chair and the other just left him there. You here about this occasionally with elderly where someone dies and the partner just leaves them where they died for months or years. Then later the other dies in the other chair.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; April 2nd, 2014 at 7:00 pm.

My Mood
    Walking on air
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Michigan woman's auto-payments hid her death for over 5 years

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/07/us/mic...und/index.html
    Would have been there longer if she had had more money in the bank.
    I don't mind people getting kicked while they are down, just as long as I am the one doing the kicking.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    They just said there were no signs of foul play. After three years absent a bullet hole through the skull or remnants of lots of dried blood on the chairs there isn't going to much if any evidence to indicate how they died. Thus there wouldn't be any signs of foul play and its better to say there are none at first and change the status later than vice versa. Any such evidence, if there is any, will likely come later.

1) Carbon monoxide poisoning or something like that. A family in a nearby town to me all recently died from this when a vent in the roof got block up by ice causing a back flow of C02 into the house and they all died unaware anything was wrong. After three years this would dissipate if the source of the C02 had stopped (fire place / furnace, etc) and not be obvious to those entering the house.

2) One died naturally in the chair and the other just left him there. You here about this occasionally with elderly where someone dies and the partner just leaves them where they died for months or years. Then later the other dies in the other chair.
    CO2 is carbon dioxide. CO is carbon monoxide. Di=2, mon=1. The numbers or prefixes refer to the number of oxygen atoms in this molecule. You exhale CO2.

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Classical Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Koushi Shinigami View Post
    CO2 is carbon dioxide. CO is carbon monoxide. Di=2, mon=1. The numbers or prefixes refer to the number of oxygen atoms in this molecule. You exhale CO2.
    Reminds me of that deadly chemical Dihydrogen Monoxide everybody wants banned. I hear it can cause severe burns and is a major component of acid rain.

My Mood
    Naughty
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post

1) Carbon monoxide poisoning or something like that. A family in a nearby town to me all recently died from this when a vent in the roof got block up by ice causing a back flow of C02 into the house and they all died unaware anything was wrong. After three years this would dissipate if the source of the C02 had stopped (fire place / furnace, etc) and not be obvious to those entering the house.

Gee, I hope it was the former rather than the latter.

63 isn't elderly, IMO. Most people still wok at 63

Imagine sitting and watching TV next to your twin brother when he drops dead and instead of calling someone, you think to yourself "Meh, I think I'll just sit there next to his body and watch Matlock until I croak"