Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 203

Thread: So...yeah. The USPS is buying...ammo...lots of ammo.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    On the Surface of Earth
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Constitutionalist
    Posts
    7,986
    Rep Power
    0
    Post Like Stats

    Default So...yeah. The USPS is buying...ammo...lots of ammo.

    https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...rint_preview=1

    From the federal business opportunities website saw this...couldn't believe it. Tracked it back to this posting.

    Can someone please explain to me why since the postal service isn't allowed to carry afaik why you would need to even BUY ammo?

    And arent they fighting bankruptcy? Why the hell are they even LOOKING at this?

  2. #106
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Middle Georgia, USA
    Age
    59
    Posts
    35,662
    Rep Power
    19
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Recovering democrat View Post
    Was there a ammo shortage during the Vietnam war?
    Come to think on it........ no, no there wasn't. But, of course, the US had the manufacturing capacity at that time to cover military as well as civilian/law enforcement ammo demands. Also, most US military arms used regular US ammo. Think even the M-16 started out using 30 cal ammo.
    Democrats : THEY LIE TO US!! THEY PLAY ON OUR FEARS!!
    http://members.cox.net/hellsbane1/helsbanesig.jpg

  3. #107
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Deep in enemy territory
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Cranky
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Posts
    4,328
    Rep Power
    5
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmouse View Post
    Should I leave a note in my mailbox telling them what calibers to leave for me? This makes no sense.
    I just want some .22lr
    Trespassers will be....................composted.

  4. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Deep in enemy territory
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Cranky
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Posts
    4,328
    Rep Power
    5
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Who View Post
    And the fake snow.

    Have you heard about the fake snow??

    It's true. It's true.
    You mean this 12 inches I shoveled out of my driveway isn't real?
    Trespassers will be....................composted.

  5. #109
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The road less travelled
    My Mood
    Happy
    Posts
    88,973
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    29
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blue fox View Post
    You mean this 12 inches I shoveled out of my driveway isn't real?
    I shoveled the same amount...;0 - but, no, I was referring to the conspiratorial goof-nutz down south who were thinking the snow they were getting was actually a government conspiracy.

    "The heavy winter storms in the US have prompted some people to deny global warming and others to come up with a new anti-government conspiracy: "fake snow" that will not melt via a lighter.
    Several folks have posted videos online claiming their snow doesn't melt and there is a weird "chemical smell."

    According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, this conspiracy is especially popular in Georgia, which is experiencing unusual amounts of snow due to the polar vortex

    Conspiracy theorists are writing on YouTube with their videos:
    You're being distracted from all fronts, you're preoccupied. They're up here signing bills, the government, to pretty much take away more of your rights and freedoms.

    The blog Resistance Journals suggests this snow is actually "geo-engineering" and the US government is manipulating weather to use as a weapon against its own people. "

    http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...y-theory-video

    Ya gotta laff at some of the things these tin-foil hatters come up with.
    .........................
    The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature. -Lincoln

  6. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Upper Little Egypt
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Walking on air
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Age
    57
    Posts
    64,862
    Rep Power
    20
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Chem trails come to earth?
    Conservative Forum Contributor since February 2007

  7. #111
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Deep in enemy territory
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Cranky
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Posts
    4,328
    Rep Power
    5
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Who View Post
    I shoveled the same amount...;0 - but, no, I was referring to the conspiratorial goof-nutz down south who were thinking the snow they were getting was actually a government conspiracy.

    "The heavy winter storms in the US have prompted some people to deny global warming and others to come up with a new anti-government conspiracy: "fake snow" that will not melt via a lighter.
    Several folks have posted videos online claiming their snow doesn't melt and there is a weird "chemical smell."

    According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, this conspiracy is especially popular in Georgia, which is experiencing unusual amounts of snow due to the polar vortex

    Conspiracy theorists are writing on YouTube with their videos:
    You're being distracted from all fronts, you're preoccupied. They're up here signing bills, the government, to pretty much take away more of your rights and freedoms.

    The blog Resistance Journals suggests this snow is actually "geo-engineering" and the US government is manipulating weather to use as a weapon against its own people. "

    http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...y-theory-video

    Ya gotta laff at some of the things these tin-foil hatters come up with.
    I know, I just finished my third cup of coffee and the caffeine was kicking in so I was being funny. But I do agree with you. I am thinking about buying stock in aluminum foil mfgrs.
    Trespassers will be....................composted.

  8. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    2nd Windy Shoulder City
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Posts
    49,694
    Rep Power
    20
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Who View Post
    I shoveled the same amount...;0 - but, no, I was referring to the conspiratorial goof-nutz down south who were thinking the snow they were getting was actually a government conspiracy.

    "The heavy winter storms in the US have prompted some people to deny global warming and others to come up with a new anti-government conspiracy: "fake snow" that will not melt via a lighter.
    Several folks have posted videos online claiming their snow doesn't melt and there is a weird "chemical smell."
    Lesson #1: When getting ready to film your bat **** crazy snow video, make sure you've charged your phone.

    Lesson #2: When filming your bat **** crazy snow video and talking about how the snow won't melt and there's no melt water on your counter where you put the snow, make sure not to film melt water on your counter where you put the snow. It makes you look a little crazy.

    <link removed>

    Synopsis: Crazy woman playing with a cup of snow and a Bic.
    Last edited by Drawz; February 8th, 2014 at 11:05 am.
    Rule #9. Learn it, live it, love it.

  9. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Upper Little Egypt
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Walking on air
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Age
    57
    Posts
    64,862
    Rep Power
    20
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drawz View Post
    [/INDENT]Lesson #1: When getting ready to film your bat **** crazy snow video, make sure you've charged your phone.

    Lesson #2: When filming your bat **** crazy snow video and talking about how the snow won't melt and there's no melt water on your counter where you put the snow, make sure not to film melt water on your counter where you put the snow. It makes you look a little crazy.


    <snipped video link>

    Synopsis: Crazy woman playing with a cup of snow and a Bic.
    Wow....I made the mistake of scrolling down and seeing some of the comments.

    Yikes.....

    I would suggest removing that link and doing it with a quiet tube link.
    Last edited by LouC; February 8th, 2014 at 11:20 am.
    Conservative Forum Contributor since February 2007

  10. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    2nd Windy Shoulder City
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Posts
    49,694
    Rep Power
    20
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LouC View Post
    Wow....I made the mistake of scrolling down and seeing some of the comments.

    Yikes.....

    I would suggest removing that link and doing it with a quiet tube link.
    Something I never do, on YouTube or on news articles, or pretty much anything else I look at online.
    Rule #9. Learn it, live it, love it.

  11. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11,279
    Rep Power
    7
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Who View Post
    I shoveled the same amount...;0 - but, no, I was referring to the conspiratorial goof-nutz down south who were thinking the snow they were getting was actually a government conspiracy.

    "The heavy winter storms in the US have prompted some people to deny global warming and others to come up with a new anti-government conspiracy: "fake snow" that will not melt via a lighter.
    Several folks have posted videos online claiming their snow doesn't melt and there is a weird "chemical smell."

    According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, this conspiracy is especially popular in Georgia, which is experiencing unusual amounts of snow due to the polar vortex

    Conspiracy theorists are writing on YouTube with their videos:
    You're being distracted from all fronts, you're preoccupied. They're up here signing bills, the government, to pretty much take away more of your rights and freedoms.

    The blog Resistance Journals suggests this snow is actually "geo-engineering" and the US government is manipulating weather to use as a weapon against its own people. "

    http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...y-theory-video

    Ya gotta laff at some of the things these tin-foil hatters come up with.

    My coworker believes this nonsense. I get the pleasure of telling him how stupid he is to his face.

  12. #116
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NY politicians' girlfriends influence policy
    Posts
    48,211
    Rep Power
    20
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    If the USPS was buying SOME, OK maybe.

    But why are they, and other govt. agencies, buying LOTS?

    They can't get our guns, as much as they would like, so maybe they want to limit our ammo, to thwart ouir 2nd amendment rights.

    Or, maybe they are getting ready in case there is a massive anti-govt. revolt.

    Anybody still trust the Obama administration?
    "..they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,.."
    Elect a POTUS who knows this - Santorum, Lee, Pence or Cruz!

  13. #117
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The road less travelled
    My Mood
    Happy
    Posts
    88,973
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    29
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jezcoe View Post
    My coworker believes this nonsense. I get the pleasure of telling him how stupid he is to his face.
    The fact you think he is stupid is just proof he is right!
    .........................
    The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature. -Lincoln

  14. #118
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    2nd Windy Shoulder City
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Posts
    49,694
    Rep Power
    20
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    If the USPS was buying SOME, OK maybe.

    But why are they, and other govt. agencies, buying LOTS?

    They can't get our guns, as much as they would like, so maybe they want to limit our ammo, to thwart ouir 2nd amendment rights.

    Or, maybe they are getting ready in case there is a massive anti-govt. revolt.


    Anybody still trust the Obama administration?
    Oh good grief.
    Rule #9. Learn it, live it, love it.

  15. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Great State of Confusion
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Irritated
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Posts
    19,178
    Rep Power
    10
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    If the USPS was buying SOME, OK maybe.

    But why are they, and other govt. agencies, buying LOTS?

    They can't get our guns, as much as they would like, so maybe they want to limit our ammo, to thwart ouir 2nd amendment rights.

    Or, maybe they are getting ready in case there is a massive anti-govt. revolt.

    Anybody still trust the Obama administration?
    There is just one problem with your theory. I can now buy any kind of ammo I want except .22LR, which the feds do not use.

    There was a shortage in 2012-2013 after Obama got reelected because everyone thought he and Congress were going to grab guns. I guess all the people buying weapons and ammo scared them out of the idea.
    Last edited by RWReaganfan; February 8th, 2014 at 11:26 am.
    RWReaganfan
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives. - Ronald Reagan

  16. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Upper Little Egypt
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Walking on air
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Age
    57
    Posts
    64,862
    Rep Power
    20
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drawz View Post
    Something I never do, on YouTube or on news articles, or pretty much anything else I look at online.
    You should, since we are responsible for such ToS violating comments when we link to them.
    Conservative Forum Contributor since February 2007

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •