Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Obama signs the Affordable Car Act of 2014

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Last Best Place on Earth
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Posts
    67,953
    Rep Power
    25
    Post Like Stats

    Default Obama signs the Affordable Car Act of 2014

    "The U.S. government has just passed a new law entitled “The Affordable CAR Act” declaring that every citizen MUST purchase a new car by April, 2014.

    This new law ensures that every American can now have an ‘affordable’ car of their own, because everyone is ‘entitled’ to a new car. If you purchase your car before the end of the year, you will receive four ‘free’ tires (does not include mounting).

    In order to make sure everyone purchases an ‘affordable car,’ the cost of owning a car will increase on average of 250-400% per year. This way, wealthy people will pay more for something that other people don’t want or can’t afford to maintain. But, to be fair, people who can’t afford to maintain their car will be regularly fined and children (under the age of 26) can use their parents car(s) to drive until they turn 27, after which date they must purchase their own car.

    If you already have a car, you can keep yours (not really). If you don’t want or don’t need a car, you are required to buy one anyhow. If you refuse to buy one or can’t afford one, you will be regularly fined $800 until you purchase one, or face imprisonment."

    http://universalfreepress.com/the-af...r-act-of-2014/

    Okay... this is just a parody, but it really is not very far off the mark.


    Keeping it lite...

    Samm

    "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Atlanta Ga.
    Posts
    29,903
    Rep Power
    12
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    "The U.S. government has just passed a new law entitled “The Affordable CAR Act” declaring that every citizen MUST purchase a new car by April, 2014.

    This new law ensures that every American can now have an ‘affordable’ car of their own, because everyone is ‘entitled’ to a new car. If you purchase your car before the end of the year, you will receive four ‘free’ tires (does not include mounting).

    In order to make sure everyone purchases an ‘affordable car,’ the cost of owning a car will increase on average of 250-400% per year. This way, wealthy people will pay more for something that other people don’t want or can’t afford to maintain. But, to be fair, people who can’t afford to maintain their car will be regularly fined and children (under the age of 26) can use their parents car(s) to drive until they turn 27, after which date they must purchase their own car.

    If you already have a car, you can keep yours (not really). If you don’t want or don’t need a car, you are required to buy one anyhow. If you refuse to buy one or can’t afford one, you will be regularly fined $800 until you purchase one, or face imprisonment."

    http://universalfreepress.com/the-af...r-act-of-2014/

    Okay... this is just a parody, but it really is not very far off the mark.


    Keeping it lite...

    Samm
    Just in time, Clark Howard says there's now a $10.000 car.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,441
    Rep Power
    8
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Is there a requirement for you to have a driver's license? What if you have a pre-existing condition, like 6 DUI's? Are there any Cadallic plans? Will the car's title be stored on a government computer?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Last Best Place on Earth
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Posts
    67,953
    Rep Power
    25
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptPops View Post
    Is there a requirement for you to have a driver's license? What if you have a pre-existing condition, like 6 DUI's? Are there any Cadallic plans? Will the car's title be stored on a government computer?
    No to the drivers license... but yes to the rest.


    Just because you are required to buy a car, does not mean you have to or can use it.

    "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Upper Little Egypt
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Age
    57
    Posts
    65,955
    Rep Power
    22
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Lou was here.
    Conservative forum contributor since February of 2007

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Last Best Place on Earth
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Posts
    67,953
    Rep Power
    25
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LouC View Post
    Lou was here.
    Who cars.

    "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Uniform - Time Zone
    Posts
    7,021
    Rep Power
    8
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Who cars.
    I car!*

    *another post closer to being A Great American.
    __________________________________________________
    These are the good old days.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in a small town.
    Gender
    Female
    My Mood
    Coquettish
    Ideology
    Independent
    Posts
    47,648
    Rep Power
    19
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    since it *has* to be new, I'm never gonna get that classic Mustang.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Last Best Place on Earth
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Posts
    67,953
    Rep Power
    25
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hadassah View Post
    since it *has* to be new, I'm never gonna get that classic Mustang.
    True... but the new Mustangs are a much better car... and probably cheaper.

    "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in a small town.
    Gender
    Female
    My Mood
    Coquettish
    Ideology
    Independent
    Posts
    47,648
    Rep Power
    19
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    True... but the new Mustangs are a much better car... and probably cheaper.
    but they don't look as awesome.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    central Illinois
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Conservative Libertarian
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,745
    Rep Power
    6
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    I like this idea!
    "The struggle of the Left to rationalize its positions is an intolerable, Sisyphean burden. I speak as a reformed liberal."
    David Mamet

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Last Best Place on Earth
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Posts
    67,953
    Rep Power
    25
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Former Paratrooper View Post
    I like this idea!
    At least you end up with a new car... that's more than you can say about Obamacare.

    "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Upper Little Egypt
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Age
    57
    Posts
    65,955
    Rep Power
    22
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Who cars.
    Who cars?



    (Laughing at the post, not the poster.)
    Conservative forum contributor since February of 2007

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Upper Little Egypt
    Gender
    Male
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Age
    57
    Posts
    65,955
    Rep Power
    22
    Post Like Stats

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by less right View Post
    I car!*

    *another post closer to being A Great American.
    Bless you my child.

    *another post closer to being 'A What Ever Rank' comes with 60,000 posts barring any more thread purges where I had heavily participated.
    Conservative forum contributor since February of 2007

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •