Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Accusation Census faked unemployment numbers in runup to 2012 election

My Mood
    Bored
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Default Accusation Census faked unemployment numbers in runup to 2012 election

Like many other folks, I marveled at the supposed 'good news' about unemployment and the economy that appeared in the leadup to the 2012 election.

It seemed that everything was breakig just right for the president, and now allegations are appearing that the numbers were a fraud.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/18/census-...n-jobs-report/

The dishonesty that surrounds this administration continues to grow in leaps and bounds.
    Things are rotten!
    That's a fact, Jack!

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by ExDem View Post
    No, it's the continual abuses and scandals. It is the lying and deceit. Over and over. It's Chicago style thuggery. This administration deserves no benefit of the doubt. Habitual lying has a price to pay. That price is their credibility. Obama and his band of crooks have no credibility left.
    You ever notice how these scandals crop up and then fade away without anything ever becoming of them? It's because they are usually baseless to begin with or completely blown out of proportion.

Fast and Furious had years of investigation and nothing.
    The IRS scandal was supposedly directed from the White House, zero evidence of that.
    Hicks' testimony about Benghazi was supposed to lead to impeachment, nothing.
    Deep water Horizon was supposed to be Obama's Katrina, nothing.
    I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop about Rezko.

For now, I'll treat an anonymous source from the NY Post with about as much credibility as it deserves, which is very little.

Post Like Stats

I remember when that report came out alot of us were scratching our heads. And I think I remember a whole bunch of my conservative brothers and sisters even predicting last year that somehow someway the Obama's would get that unemployment rate down below 8% before the election day...and magically just prior to the election - Poof!

Here's more on Jack Welch's comments way back when. http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/05/news...ployment-rate/

"Unbelievable jobs numbers..these Chicago guys will do anything..can't debate so change numbers," tweeted Welch, the former CEO of General Electric (GE, Fortune 500).
    Welch did not respond to a request for further comment. In an interview later in the day on MSNBC, he admitted that he had no evidence that the jobs numbers were manipulated, but said they "defy logic."
    The unemployment rate fell to 7.8% in September, down from 8.1% a month earlier. The drop was due to the Bureau of Labor Statistics' survey of households showing that 873,000 more people had jobs than in the previous month. That was the biggest one-month gain in more than nine years."

Mr. Welch wrote this piece in the Wall Street Journal October 12...http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...46260406091012
    "Imagine a country where challenging the ruling authorities—questioning, say, a piece of data released by central headquarters—would result in mobs of administration sympathizers claiming you should feel "embarrassed" and labeling you a fool, or worse
    Soviet Russia perhaps? Communist China? Nope, that would be the United States right now, when a person (like me, for instance) suggests that a certain government datum (like the September unemployment rate of 7.8%) doesn't make sense."

Fox reported on this story this morning, whether or not anybody else will cover it or the spokesidiot Jay Carney will be asked about it...We'll see.

Like I said earlier, credibility is a precious commodity and the Obama's have pretty well blown all of theirs with their constant lying...So if it turns out that somebody was playing fast and loose with those pre election #'s, will anybody really be surprised!

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by dantes View Post
    It's not the nature of the evidence, it's the seriousness of the charge, am I right?
    Liberals never said that! Liberals never said it!

Post Like Stats

The last election should be repealed.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by AvgGuyIA View Post
    Liberals never said that! Liberals never said it!
    Like much of the mythos in the conservative sphere, it doesn't matter if it's true, it matters if it's believable.

Post Like Stats

Like much of the mythos in the conservative sphere, it doesn't matter if it's true, it matters if it's believable.
    Given the level of lying that we know of in this administration what's not believable?

Like I said, it's not a big jump from "If you like your plan you can keep it" to fudging a couple of percentage points on a report.

If this report goes anywhere, which I admitted earlier it probably won't...But if this is were ever to be proven to be true...

No surprise here!

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by rodeo View Post
    Given the level of lying that we know of in this administration what's not believable?

Like I said, it's not a big jump from "If you like your plan you can keep it" to fudging a couple of percentage points on a report.

If this report goes anywhere, which I admitted earlier it probably won't...But if this is were ever to be proven to be true...

No surprise here!
    Actually it's a huge jump. Lying about the employment numbers requires fabricating data and a large conspiracy to cover this up. Lying about the grandfather clause of the ACA doesn't require any of that.

You may say that "if this were proven true" but gauging the responses of many of the responses here and some of the blog postings, it doesn't need to be proven true. It has been accepted as fact by many. It has become part of the conservative world.

Post Like Stats

Actually it's a huge jump. Lying about the employment numbers requires fabricating data and a large conspiracy to cover this up. Lying about the grandfather clause of the ACA doesn't require any of that.

You may say that "if this were proven true" but gauging the responses of many of the responses here and some of the blog postings, it doesn't need to be proven true. It has been accepted as fact by many. It has become part of the conservative world.
    And accepting the Obama lies has become standard operating procedure in the liberal world.

Personally I prefer a little healthy skepticism!

Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion5182 View Post
    Without proof. I dont. We need to see where this goes and if it is true.

Part of me wants to dive in head first. But i'm not going to on this. The stakes are too high and the consequences gigantic. This would make the West Wing MS admission look like tiddly winks. In terms of scale and scope. Hiding one's health can be considered a 'personal issue' even if the public has the right to know.

Fudging a crucial economic indicator to win an election is far more egregious and serious. It must be dealt with properly and must be proven one way or the other.
    And once it’s proven…then what?

Who in this administration is going to be held accountable?
    Obedience is not patriotism.
    Patriotism is love of your country, not your government.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by H-minus View Post
    Like many other folks, I marveled at the supposed 'good news' about unemployment and the economy that appeared in the leadup to the 2012 election.

It seemed that everything was breakig just right for the president, and now allegations are appearing that the numbers were a fraud.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/18/census-...n-jobs-report/

The dishonesty that surrounds this administration continues to grow in leaps and bounds.
    Just like anyone else with a working brain, I knew that those numbers had to be fake. Now we have confirmation...the sick, corrupt Democrats keep on sinking to new lows but the useful idiot sheeple will find a way to spin and justify this crap.
    "A 'moderate' is what you get when you cross a Democrat with a human being.”
    Rush Limbaugh

My Mood
    Quixotic
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

As long as it's believable it doesn't matter if it's true, amirite?

"You know the expression “there’s no such thing as bad sex or bad pizza”? Your pizza is like sex with a corpse made of sandpaper." - Jon Stewart on deep dish pizza.

Thank God Curious George wasn't a cat.

Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Funkenstein View Post

And if proven true....then what?

What would you personally do?

My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Constitutionalist
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by avergbear View Post
    And once it’s proven…then what?

Who in this administration is going to be held accountable?
    Who?

You're thinking too small.

There's only one result that can come from this if its true.

Total impeachment. Even the DEMS would not be able to vote against it on something like this.

The last election should be repealed.
    This may be the only viable solution. Thats how bad this could be.

It does to me. This is a HUGE deal if its true buddy. If its false we need to prove its false and move on quickly.

Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion5182 View Post
    Who?

You're thinking too small.

There's only one result that can come from this if its true.

Total impeachment. Even the DEMS would not be able to vote against it on something like this.

This may be the only viable solution. Thats how bad this could be.

It does to me. This is a HUGE deal if its true buddy. If its false we need to prove its false and move on quickly.
    Impeachment?

In a Harry Reid and Democrat controlled Senate?

A trial in the Senate with Justice John Roberts officiating?

With the Liberal Media beating the 'Racism' drum?

Impeachment ain’t never going to happen.

I’ll ask again….what will American’s do when this is proven true?

My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Constitutionalist
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by avergbear View Post
    Impeachment?

In a Harry Reid and Democrat controlled Senate?

A trial in the Senate with Justice John Roberts officiating?

With the Liberal Media beating the 'Racism' drum?

Impeachment ain’t never going to happen.

I’ll ask again….what will American’s do when this is proven true?
    Like i said. Even DEMS would not be able to vote against it if proven true.

Something like this even Dims the Racism Drum's din. But i'll humor you.

Well then. You're asking for mass bannings on here because you and i BOTH know the only solution to YOUR doomsday scenario. You First.