Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle's Classmate is Senior Exec at Comp. that Got No-Bid Obamacare Contract

Post Like Stats

Default Michelle's Classmate is Senior Exec at Comp. that Got No-Bid Obamacare Contract

Well, well, it turns out that Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate and fellow member of the Princeton Black Alumni Association, Toni Townes-Whitley, "just happens" to be senior vice president of the company that received the no-bid contract to build the $600-million Obamacare website, Healthcare.gov!

My, my, what an amazing coincidence! Figure the odds that of all the hundreds of contracting companies that do website production, the Obama administration would award the no-bid contract to the one company (CGI Federal) where Michelle's former college classmate and fellow alumni association member just happens to be the senior vice president! Of all the luck!

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/25/mi...acare-website/

My Mood
    Happy
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by danagoo View Post
    Graders?

We have our birthers, flat earthers, fundies....etc. I repeatedly get called RINO, moderate, libtard, and yet I vote (R) about 98% of the time.

Free Hooch with a vote for Cooch!
    If the Van's a rockin'...
    The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature. -Lincoln

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Griffith View Post
    Well, well, it turns out that Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate and fellow member of the Princeton Black Alumni Association, Toni Townes-Whitley, "just happens" to be senior vice president of the company that received the no-bid contract to build the $600-million Obamacare website, Healthcare.gov!

My, my, what an amazing coincidence! Figure the odds that of all the hundreds of contracting companies that do website production, the Obama administration would award the no-bid contract to the one company (CGI Federal) where Michelle's former college classmate and fellow alumni association member just happens to be the senior vice president! Of all the luck!

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/25/mi...acare-website/
    From the link in the OP..."George Schindler, the president for U.S. and Canada of the Canadian-based CGI Group, CGI Federal’s parent company, became an Obama 2012 campaign donor after his company gained the Obamacare website contract.

These people are just soooo corrupt...And there are Americans that really want these kinds of corrupt thugs making their life and death decisions.

No thanks...
    Last edited by rodeo; October 26th, 2013 at 10:38 am.

My Mood
    Happy
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Who View Post
    If the Van's a rockin'...
    Hey..... latest (skewed) poll only has the Cooch down 17.

You know that means: Cooch wins in a walk.
    Take a kid stargazing!

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by kaydahl View Post
    I gave a link to a Washington Examiner piece on it.

Here is one to a Reuters piece: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...99G05Q20131017
    From the Reuters link:

"No other IT contractors have come forward to say they, too, bid on the contract to build Healthcare.gov."

But some keep beating the drum about competitive bids.
    I don't understand how so many keep defending this administration - no matter what happens.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force.
    Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    George Washington

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Why was Bush doing business with Michelle Obama's BFF's company?

We're down the rabbit hole people.
    Rule #9. Learn it, live it, love it.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by TCUFan View Post
    HFL (n.): acronym for Hannity Forum Liberal, stalwart and brave defenders of a two-term president with chronic competence issues, much like Bush supporters from 2007-present.

Often seen accusing others of racism or hating children.
    There's basically no reason to even waste time with the HFL's anymore...

The failed attempts to look like the smart people in the room are becoming embarrassingly shallow!

My Mood
    Happy
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by danagoo View Post
    Hey..... latest (skewed) poll only has the Cooch down 17.

You know that means: Cooch wins in a walk.
    Outside of Virginia, cooch always wins.

Inside of Virginia, it's too dark to read.
    The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature. -Lincoln

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by yesterdaystomorrow View Post
    That doesn't narrow down anything because it ignores the reality that:

1) CGI has been doing business for the federal government since the Bush era.

2) The woman who heads CGI is clearly qualified

3) There's no evidence that she wasn't qualified at the time of her hiring, or that she actually knows Michelle Obama in any capacity aside from "they're both black and went to Princeton!"

4) FLOTUS does not negotiate government contracts, and is not in charge of hiring.

5) I don't even know why I'm wasting my time on this thread.
    1. Halliburton has been doing business with the USG for decades.

2. The man who heads it is always qualified.

3. There's no evidence that he's ever not been qualified or the VP had anything to do with contract awards.

4. The VP does not negotiate military contracts and is not in charge of hiring.

5. Don't then.

Post Like Stats

Why does the USG award a key contract for legacy policy to foreigners? I guess canadians need jobs worse? Outsourcing!

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky SF Dude View Post
    1. Halliburton has been doing business with the USG for decades.

2. The man who heads it is always qualified.

3. There's no evidence that he's ever not been qualified or the VP had anything to do with contract awards.

4. The VP does not negotiate military contracts and is not in charge of hiring.

5. Don't then.
    The main difference being that Cheney had a vested interest and clear cut connection with Haliburton being that he was CEO of the group, and Michelle Obama currently has zero factual affiliation with CGI aside from 'maybe (unconfirmed)' knowing someone from her graduating class who heads the company.

Surely you can distinguish the difference between these two, no? That's ignoring the fact that this thread is not about Haliburton anyway.

Post Like Stats

The way to avoid conflict of interest stories is to make full disclosure of any potential issues UP FRONT.
    And any others, like campaign donations, when they occur.

Have any such releases been made?
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force.
    Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    George Washington

My Mood
    Walking on air
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by JerryN View Post
    The way to avoid conflict of interest stories is to make full disclosure of any potential issues UP FRONT.

No. Not to my knowledge. There is no reason to make any in this case that has been put forward. Nothing has been presented that shows the two were any more than members of a college along with another 7 thousand others.

Certainly none needed just because Toni was at Princeton in 1985, 28 years ago, when Michelle was.
    Conservative Forum Contributor since February 2007

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by yesterdaystomorrow View Post
    The main difference being that Cheney had a vested interest and clear cut connection with Haliburton being that he was CEO of the group, and Michelle Obama currently has zero factual affiliation with CGI aside from 'maybe (unconfirmed)' knowing someone from her graduating class who heads the company.

Surely you can distinguish the difference between these two, no? That's ignoring the fact that this thread is not about Haliburton anyway.
    Right. It's about lib hypocrisy. Again.

Post Like Stats

The most non transparent administration ever.

The same people who would have us believe they are the most brilliant humans on the planet...That they can determine what is and is not a "good" insurance policy for all of us...That they are qualified to make our life and death decisions...

Those same people are too stupid to think that not disclosing that giving a contract to Michelle's Sorority Sister and her boss an Obama campaign donor wouldn't raise more than a few eyebrows.

And here come the libs with their heads shoved in the sand or whereever making it possible for the Obama's to pull this crap by defending it.

Remarkably Ridiculous!

Post Like Stats

Exactly. Signature policy. Thousands of people at beck and call. One simple statement for transparency (what ever happened to that by the way).