ADVERTISEMENT

WELCOME

Default The high deductibles in obamacare

Anyone want to bet that hidden somewhere deep inside the 2000 pages of this bill is a part that states the TAXPAYER will 'SUBSIDIZE' the deductibles for 'those eligible for 'subsidies'?

I am betting it's in there somewhere. Libs had to know this would be a huge problem for poor people. If they cannot afford the $100 a month insurance premium without a 'gift' from taxpayers how are they going to pay $4000 a year deductible?

Has anyone actually read this monstrosity?

What difference does it make?

No doubt, but I somehow suspect the plan is to NOT subsidize their deductibles, and that will lead to outrage, and subsequent legitimizing of single payer.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Anyone want to bet that hidden somewhere deep inside the 2000 pages of this bill is a part that states the TAXPAYER will 'SUBSIDIZE' the deductibles for 'those eligible for 'subsidies'?

I am betting it's in there somewhere. Libs had to know this would be a huge problem for poor people. If they cannot afford the $100 a month insurance premium without a 'gift' from taxpayers how are they going to pay $4000 a year deductible?

Has anyone actually read this monstrosity?
    There are subsidies available for some oop expenses. It is called 'cost sharing'. They are for low income folks. And they are only available if you purchase a silver plan.

It has not been kept secret.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRighty View Post
    What difference does it make?

No doubt, but I somehow suspect the plan is to NOT subsidize their deductibles, and that will lead to outrage, and subsequent legitimizing of single payer.
    For the most part folks will not get subsidies for deductibles/oop.

I agree that folks are going to be angry when they find out what coverage via the exchanges will actually cost.

But the reason that subsidies are not more widely available is because they couldn't come up with a palatable way to pay for them. So going to single payer makes no sense. Since it is simply more subsidies with no way to pay for them. There might be calls for it.......but there will not likely be a plan for it.

The irony is that Democrats widely bashed high deductible plans in the lead up to Obamacare. Now Obamacare has them and they are all good now.

It'd be funny if it weren't sad.

my current insurance is 1100/month with a 7500 deductable
    yes i am a pirate,200 years to late

But, this all decreases our deficit, by trillions and stuff, so it's all worth it in the end.

And...in the end is where we'll all be getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by bonchie View Post
    The irony is that Democrats widely bashed high deductible plans in the lead up to Obamacare. Now Obamacare has them and they are all good now.

It'd be funny if it weren't sad.
    Sebelius was bashing them mightily in May of this year. LONG after she knew full well that the exchange policies would be very similar to catastrophic plans.