Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 75% of Americans think Obamacare is free healthcare

Personal Responsibility, Charity, Liberty
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Default 75% of Americans think Obamacare is free healthcare

That's according to my informal poll of 4 people.

Wait until they find out Obamacare is a federal requirement to buy "private" health insurance?- effective immediately.

Is someone planning on telling them at some point?
    Are "navigators" knocking on doors yet?

Establishment Republicans?
    You might take this opportunity to say so.

Save your breath leftists, I know my poll is statistically invalid.
    My point is not.

This is not hard Republican Leadership:
    Educate then legislate or walk and chew gum.

messaging- what a concept

You might even consider commissioning your OWN poll on the public's understanding of simple basic founding concepts.

If certain basic principles, words, and terms, are not understood by the public- no principle can be advanced. Nothing can truly be "won". And no true "compromise" achieved-

But you already know that right?

Demorats we know who you are- so keep up the "good" work

^It's a free country^
    Elect, Primary, Repeat, Party - Teaparty
    Nature's Solar Power - Cleaner Burning Natural Gas

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Samson Corwell View Post
    ***? Taking the easy way out in no way means that someone is a moral relativist. Evasive or crooked maybe, but not morally relativist.
    Most of them create some sort of excuse for themselves instead of admitting that they are selfish pigs who want someone else to take care of them.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by freddyboy View Post
    Sorry, this is flat-out wrong! Just more low-information talking points.

I work with people on a daily basis about their health insurance. My lead question anymore is, "Do you understand your options offered by the Affordable Care act?"

To a person... "Nope."

That kind of pervasive ignorance is not because of talk radio.
    Talk radio has pushed the idea that the ACA was all about "free" heath care even before it was proposed Ignoring the basic fact that only 2% would receive "free" healthcare.
    I'm back, and the Eagle has landed.
    A free market was never meant to be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it.

Ideology
    Green Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmouse View Post
    Nothing is free, but we have plenty who think lots of things should be AT LEAST TO THEM. It's envy and a lack of faith in themselves to be able to succeed in life.

Sure, some people may think that way. I don't think it's as rampant as some claim though...and funny enough, it's not limited to just liberals or Democrats.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Mike7 View Post
    You just made an oxymoron statement. So if the conservatives and Republicans are going to get FREE Health care, why would we be against it? DUHHH
    From what I have gathered, Muslims & Amish will be exempt from purchasing- buying, you noticed I said buying, health care with out a fine or jail. The rest of U.S., except Big Business, are screwed.
    don't forget the illegals and the unions are also exempt. the Hutterites out west and all groups that are against insurance are exempt. and Obama still has his smirk and his feet up on historic and priceless WH furniture.

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Tea Party Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Obamacare is destined to be as popular as the Dem's death tax.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Starflight View Post
    So if I DON'T PROVE on April 15th that I have enrollment in an APPROVED Plan I won't face a fine that increases each year until I do?
    ??????????????????????????

And that has what to do with the post?

Oh yeah, nothing.

Nada, zilch.
    A free market was never meant to be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by PRSPlayer View Post
    Obamacare is destined to be as popular as the Dem's death tax.
    If that were true there would not be the manical desperation to obstruct it.

Ideology
    Green Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by pattyk View Post
    don't forget the illegals and the unions are also exempt. the Hutterites out west and all groups that are against insurance are exempt.

No they aren't.

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey_007 View Post
    Sure, some people may think that way. I don't think it's as rampant as some claim though...and funny enough, it's not limited to just liberals or Democrats.
    Who encourages that train of thought and promises to "fix" it? Who tells people that it's not really their fault?

Ideology
    Green Party
    Post Like Stats

Who encourages that train of thought and promises to "fix" it? Who tells people that it's not really their fault?

Both sides do that. One side says the government can help. The other side says private industry can help. The fact of the matter is people of BOTH sides of the political spectrum make up that group of people who accept government help...a LARGE % of which are legitimate. There are of course people who take advantage and are lazy...but again...not limited to one side of the political rainbow.

Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Most of them create some sort of excuse for themselves instead of admitting that they are selfish pigs who want someone else to take care of them.
    Soooo, it's got nothing about moral relativism.
    What I stand for: Civil Association, Substantive Due Process, Free Commerce, Federalism
    What I stand against: Enterprise Association, Ochlocratic Conservatism

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Both sides do that. One side says the government can help. The other side says private industry can help. The fact of the matter is people of BOTH sides of the political spectrum make up that group of people who accept government help...a LARGE % of which are legitimate. There are of course people who take advantage and are lazy...but again...not limited to one side of the political rainbow.
    Private industry NEVER tells me they can help me out of altruism; they tell me we can help each other through economic collaboration. I tend to trust their motives MUCH more than some sleazebag politician who claims to love everyone he has never met, at least until they get in his way. Not only that, private industry and government are NOT equivalents; without the private sector to tax government doesn't even exist!

Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

No they aren't.

who actually has "exemptions":

Under certain circumstances, you won’t have to make the individual responsibility payment. This is called an “exemption.”

You may qualify for an exemption if:

You’re uninsured for less than 3 months of the year
    The lowest-priced coverage available to you would cost more than 8% of your household income
    You don’t have to file a tax return because your income is too low (Learn about the filing limit.)
    You’re a member of a federally recognized tribe or eligible for services through an Indian Health Services provider
    You’re a member of a recognized health care sharing ministry
    You’re a member of a recognized religious sect with religious objections to insurance, including Social Security and Medicare
    You’re incarcerated, and not awaiting the disposition of charges against you
    You’re not lawfully present in the U.S.

https://www.healthcare.gov/exemptions/
    A government powerful enough to do anything FOR you, is a government powerful enough to do anything TO you.

Ideology
    Green Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by RTchoke View Post
    who actually has "exemptions":

Under certain circumstances, you won’t have to make the individual responsibility payment. This is called an “exemption.”

You may qualify for an exemption if:

You’re uninsured for less than 3 months of the year
    The lowest-priced coverage available to you would cost more than 8% of your household income
    You don’t have to file a tax return because your income is too low (Learn about the filing limit.)
    You’re a member of a federally recognized tribe or eligible for services through an Indian Health Services provider
    You’re a member of a recognized health care sharing ministry
    You’re a member of a recognized religious sect with religious objections to insurance, including Social Security and Medicare
    You’re incarcerated, and not awaiting the disposition of charges against you
    You’re not lawfully present in the U.S.

https://www.healthcare.gov/exemptions/

Now compare that to the list I was responding to.

Ideology
    Green Party
    Post Like Stats

Private industry NEVER tells me they can help me out of altruism; they tell me we can help each other through economic collaboration. I tend to trust their motives MUCH more than some sleazebag politician who claims to love everyone he has never met, at least until they get in his way. Not only that, private industry and government are NOT equivalents; without the private sector to tax government doesn't even exist!

Good for you. But to claim that charities don't tell you they can help...or churches don't tell you they can help...I think that's a little far fetched.