Page 266 of 3239 FirstFirst ... 1662162562642652662672682763163667661266 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 48585
    Post Like Stats

Default Zimmerman/Martin Thread

http://gma.yahoo.com/orlando-watch-s...-abc-news.html

A 17 year old kid was walking to the store from his dad's house to buy a can of iced tea and a bag of skittles. The Neighborhood Watch captain felt the kid looked suspicious - he was walking "slowly" and was wearing a hoodie. So the Neighborhood watch captain called police. Police told him to stay in the car, an officer was on the way. Instead, this guy got out of the car and started chasing the kid. He eventually caught the kid, who he outweighed by 100 pounds, a fight ensued, and the guy shot the kid.

Anyone wanna guess what color the kid was?

So far, this guy is claiming "self-defense." I say, Cold Blooded Murder. It looks like the police are completely bungling the investigation.

If this were my kid? Mr. Zimmerman would be erased. I doubt I'd be able to wait for the law to decide.

What are your thoughts?
    Oh, there's champagne in the Champagne Room... but you don't want champagne.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    OK....thanks for clearing that up. I was starting to think that kid had stepped on his toes at some point.

So why was he doing a neighborhood watch then?

Or was he out looking to kill someone by trying to set up circumstances in his favor? Justifiable homicide so to speak?
    Martin was the boy. Zimmerman was doing the neighborhood watch.

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Republican Party
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by LJ14 View Post
    In the article linked by the OP, Obama and three of the Republican candidates were each quoted on the subject. While I would agree that Obama didn't say anything particularly offensive, his was not the most presidential answer. The answer that defines more closely the responsibilities of the president.. was Mitt Romney's, who was quoted as saying, “What happened to Trayvon Martin is a tragedy. There needs to be a thorough investigation that reassures the public that justice is carried out with impartiality and integrity.”

Obama managed to connect himself emotionally rather than taking the opportunity to calm people down and assure them that justice would prevail. It's a small point. As I said, I don't think he said anything horribly wrong. I just don't think he prioritized his responsibility to the people as a calm and impartial force for justice as well as he might have had he refrained from engaging in a personal way.
    don't you want a president who can connect emotionally and doesn't give emotional answers? What's the favorite saying? Out of touch?

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Constitutionalist
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    Martin was the boy. Zimmerman was doing the neighborhood watch.
    Yes I understand that.

But something is not added up here.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by dashvinny View Post
    did he comment on the white teen who was set on fire by 2 black teens?
    Were they not arrested because it was in self defense?
    I'm here to refudiate those who misunderestimate me.

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Don't know
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    And if the facts support Zimmerman, the dead person is an attempted murderer. {...}
    Allegedly, according to Zimmerman, assault with the intent to grievously injure or kill.
    Contrary to popular belief, and bad movie "martial arts", it isn't possible to kill someone by just punching them in the nose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    The neighborhood watch guy doesn't already know the signs in his own neighborhood? {...}
    A neighborhood with three streets!
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by blueapplepaste View Post
    How is Martin a criminal? Was he proven in a court of law to be guilty of any crime? Quite ironic you accusing others of judging Zimmerman, since you've convinced yourself that Martin was guilty of a crime. Apparently its criminal to buy skittles and tea and walk home now.

I really do feel bad for all of the rational conservatives out there.
    Out of context of the larger discussion, which is my contention that Obama is presuming Martin innocent prior to a trial taking place, it's not an assertion of Martin's guilt but an illustration of why the President's statement is a presumption of Martin's innocence, try again.

And for those claiming it's a partisan attack due to my political opposition of Obama, I also condemn Rick Santorum's statement on the case.

from http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/2...teenagers.html

Who also presumes Zimmerrnan's guilt prior to trial.
    Justice Clarence Thomas ""Rarely do we hear a message of sacrifice, unless it is used as a justification of taxation of others or a transfer of wealth to others.""

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by CaffeineHat View Post
    One time, I thought my son sounded just like my neighbor...it must have been the fat deposits in my neighbor's neck.

That would totally explain why a parent wouldn't recognize his or her child's voice.

I'm waiting for the Zimmerman apologists and spin doctors from this thread to head over to Rick's thread and defend the guys who tried to set a white kid on fire.
    A dangerous and offensive statement.

Par for the course.

Your hate and accusations of biotry disgust me and dishonor you.

Live in it.

Databyter
    "The most simple explanation is usually the correct one".

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by mtbeaches View Post
    This case was investigated, and the Zimmerman was cleared. The police know more of the facts than you, or anybody second guessing them.
    And looking at how the case was "investigated," anyone with common sense would see that it was hardly conducted in a very thorough manner.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    Yes I understand that.

But something is not added up here.
    True. I think that is what led this case to receive so much national attention.

My Mood
    Convivial
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

Except I never said any such thing. <<snip>>
    Sure you did.

Just like you said that the president was "making statements that make it pretty clear he thinks Zimmerman is guilty before trial."

See how that works?
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

My Mood
    Tired
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by who View Post
    When all you have is a hammer, all you see are nails.
    “If you were blind, you would have no guilt; but now that you say, ‘We see,’ your guilt remains."

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by birddog1 View Post
    Even I don't believe he was killed in cold blood. I think fat boy tried to play badass and bit off more than he could chew. I think he should be put on trial for manslaughter.
    Well, the evidence does not support that.

You can think all you want, but there is absolutely no proof that Z assaulted M.

Databyter
    "The most simple explanation is usually the correct one".

My Mood
    Tired
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by blueapplepaste View Post
    And looking at how the case was "investigated," anyone with common sense would see that it was hardly conducted in a very thorough manner.
    are you a cop?

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey_007 View Post
    So does everyone need a reason to walk down the street? You're opening up a huge window for law enforcement.
    Nope, but that wasn't the question, the question was why someone like Zimmerman, out looking for suspicious activity in his neighborhood, would focus on one and not the other.
    Justice Clarence Thomas ""Rarely do we hear a message of sacrifice, unless it is used as a justification of taxation of others or a transfer of wealth to others.""

Post Like Stats

Out of context of the larger discussion, which is my contention that Obama is presuming Martin innocent prior to a trial taking place, it's not an assertion of Martin's guilt but an illustration of why the President's statement is a presumption of Martin's innocence, try again.

And for those claiming it's a partisan attack due to my political opposition of Obama, I also condemn Rick Santorum's statement on the case.

from http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/2...teenagers.html

Who also presumes Zimmerrnan's guilt prior to trial.
    Martin isn't on trial; he's dead.

Why wouldn't he presume Martin innocent being that there is no indication Martin did anything wrong?