Page 260 of 3239 FirstFirst ... 1602102502582592602612622703103607601260 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 48585

Thread: Zimmerman/Martin Thread

Post Like Stats

Default Zimmerman/Martin Thread

http://gma.yahoo.com/orlando-watch-s...-abc-news.html

A 17 year old kid was walking to the store from his dad's house to buy a can of iced tea and a bag of skittles. The Neighborhood Watch captain felt the kid looked suspicious - he was walking "slowly" and was wearing a hoodie. So the Neighborhood watch captain called police. Police told him to stay in the car, an officer was on the way. Instead, this guy got out of the car and started chasing the kid. He eventually caught the kid, who he outweighed by 100 pounds, a fight ensued, and the guy shot the kid.

Anyone wanna guess what color the kid was?

So far, this guy is claiming "self-defense." I say, Cold Blooded Murder. It looks like the police are completely bungling the investigation.

If this were my kid? Mr. Zimmerman would be erased. I doubt I'd be able to wait for the law to decide.

What are your thoughts?
    Oh, there's champagne in the Champagne Room... but you don't want champagne.

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    No they don't... the cops agree with me precisely... Zimmerman drove up in a car; got out; confronted the boy; and shot him. Anything else is not an indisputalble fact.
    Agin it skips the bulk of what occurred including the fight which is an indisputable fact.

However if one wishes to paint Zimmerman as a cold blooded murderer it does help to skip the rest.
    Conservatism is Common Sense Defined... . Liberalism is Common Sense Denied!!! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless.... .
    THE DEFICIT

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmouse View Post
    It is pretty much the only thing he could have said that wouldn't be controversial. No way could he comment on the incident or the investigation without stirring up a **** storm. I can't stand the guy, but I thought he did this one thing right.
    I agree. His statement was such a general, non-committal statement offering condolences to the family. I don't see how anyone could be upset by it.

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    He initiated the confrontation that led to the violence... OK?
    Which of course is not to say he initiated the violence. We don't know who did that.
    Conservatism is Common Sense Defined... . Liberalism is Common Sense Denied!!! Without the 1st & 2nd Amendments the rest of The Constitution is meaningless.... .
    THE DEFICIT

Leftwing Conspiracy HQ w/ the Father of Lies
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    Except I never said any such thing. I'd be criticizing the President in the same manner had he come out in sympathy of Zimmerman and didn't mention Martin. Doesn't really matter to me which side he takes before the facts are known and a trial takes place.

Other peoples posts often seem absurd if you put absurd notions in their mouths for them.
    wait wati this is rich

you say zimmerman attacks a criminal but you havent pointed out anything that the kid did that was criminal

you say the president shouldnt have interjected himself ,when he was asked about it by a reporter

you say a lot of stuff but none of it seems worth very much...or credible

..a technology originalist going back to what the Internet was made for...looking at naked girls faster, and in higher resolution.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    Obama is figure head of his base....and the media is the propaganda of that base.

You can deny this....but it doesn't change my opinion.
    "the media." there are more ways to communicate than ever before in the history of man and some righties insist obama controls them all. doesn't that sound even a little bit ridiculous?

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by who View Post
    Yet we know from those records he has a history of violence.

Or else we wouldn't know.
    No we don't, we only know what has been reported in the press much of which appears to be errant, at least as it's been related in this thread.
    THE DEFICIT

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    Once again I'm going to encourage you to visit the TTM and the TOS along with the rules posted at the top of each forum page.

Calling people a liar is forbidden here and when you can conduct yourself civilly in conversation with me I'll be happen to once again recognize your posts and respond to them.
    Whoa! Someone called you a liar? Whoa! Not cool.

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Paleoconservative
    Post Like Stats

This is the only response to this question some here would find acceptable...

"I would like to announce my resignation..."

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Update: Zimmerman's college where he's taken like 8 years to get an Associates Degree (as of yet unawarded) - has bounced him out.
    That news flash came out yesterday.
    THE DEFICIT

My Mood
    Chilled like fine wine
    Ideology
    Barry Goldwater Conservative
    Post Like Stats

There is a portion of the electorate that can't just stop at Obama being a bad president. No, they have to paint him to be a bad person as well. To this group that has spent the last 4 years not just attacking his administration, but demonizing both him and his family on a very personal level, there is NO act or statement too benign that it is not worthy of twisting and corrupting into something very ugly.

I can totally respect people who have legitimate political differences with the president. That is fair. This other group though? The "Obama is the 12th Iman" folks? The "Obama connects more with Islamic terrorists than Middle America" folks? The "Obama is stirring racial hatred" folks? Nope, not so much. They can continue to play in the sandbox while the people who are interested in discussing the real problems facing our nation have a civilized debate.

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by akuma View Post
    wait wati this is rich

you say zimmerman attacks a criminal but you havent pointed out anything that the kid did that was criminal
    Nope, never said that either. Really, if you guys can't debate what I actually say you should just give up already.

you say the president shouldnt have interjected himself ,when he was asked about it by a reporter
    Nope, didn't say that either.

you say a lot of stuff but none of it seems worth very much...or credible
    I am not responsible for the things you pretend I said.
    Justice Clarence Thomas ""Rarely do we hear a message of sacrifice, unless it is used as a justification of taxation of others or a transfer of wealth to others.""

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCowboy View Post
    His condolances were to a family that lost a child.

That's it.

Anymore than that is you reading into it and taking out what suits your political agenda.
    ...because the prez commenting on it isn't going to keep the spotlight on an already nation wide media blitz on it.

...because the prez commenting on it isn't going to incite racial tensions, already on the rise since his presidency

...because the prez commenting on it isn't going to bring more people into the streets protesting. There are already nationwide protests for Trayvon Martin,
    how many more people does he want protesting in the streets? Maybe enough to generate a crisis?

This kid and his untimely death is being used.

My Mood
    Ornery
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Zimmerman is a liar.

He told police he got out of his truck to check a street sign and that was when he was struck by Trayvon.

He's lived there for years. Patrolled for years. You tell me how much sense that makes.
    Really? Where is a link to his statement to the police?
    THE DEFICIT

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    He was asked about it by a reporter.
    Again. Why? Why was he asked specifically about this one tragedy? That is the part I don't get. Why comment on to begin with? "This is a local police matter and I have every confidence that the local police will conduct a thorough investigation. My condolenes go out to both families involved." Not specifically passing judgement on either side until all facts come to light. If Zimmermen did it and lied about how it went down, his family is out a father and husband and Trayvon's family is without a son. This is a tragedy no matter the outcome.

Again, we should not be sitting in judgement until the case has run it's course.
    The American Federal Government-Overstepping it's authority since 1909!

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    This is the only response to this question some here would find acceptable...

"I would like to announce my resignation..."
    "As well as my buddy Joe, but he has a brief, 6 hour speech prepared for that"
    Food and Liquor