Page 229 of 3239 FirstFirst ... 1291792192272282292302312392793297291229 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 48585

Thread: Zimmerman/Martin Thread

Post Like Stats

Default Zimmerman/Martin Thread

http://gma.yahoo.com/orlando-watch-s...-abc-news.html

A 17 year old kid was walking to the store from his dad's house to buy a can of iced tea and a bag of skittles. The Neighborhood Watch captain felt the kid looked suspicious - he was walking "slowly" and was wearing a hoodie. So the Neighborhood watch captain called police. Police told him to stay in the car, an officer was on the way. Instead, this guy got out of the car and started chasing the kid. He eventually caught the kid, who he outweighed by 100 pounds, a fight ensued, and the guy shot the kid.

Anyone wanna guess what color the kid was?

So far, this guy is claiming "self-defense." I say, Cold Blooded Murder. It looks like the police are completely bungling the investigation.

If this were my kid? Mr. Zimmerman would be erased. I doubt I'd be able to wait for the law to decide.

What are your thoughts?
    Oh, there's champagne in the Champagne Room... but you don't want champagne.

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    He initiated the confrontation that led to the violence... OK?
    And your evidence of that is?
    Justice Clarence Thomas ""Rarely do we hear a message of sacrifice, unless it is used as a justification of taxation of others or a transfer of wealth to others.""

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Megyn Kelly talked about this case with Bill O'Reilly on "The Factor" last night... she agreed entirely with my position... she even went on to say she expects the State to indict Zimmerman for 2nd degree murder. Not only is she drop-dead gorgeous, she is extrodinarily intellegent too. What a woman!

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreill...ylist_id=86923
    *shrug* They'll never convict on second degree, manslaughter tops.
    Justice Clarence Thomas ""Rarely do we hear a message of sacrifice, unless it is used as a justification of taxation of others or a transfer of wealth to others.""

My Mood
    Inspired
    Ideology
    Conservative
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by zantax View Post
    And your evidence of that is?
    How about...the police told him...directly and specifically...to back off and NOT follow the boy. He CHOSE to ignore a direct police order and confront the (Skittles eating) kid, with a gun.
    Friendly Neighborhood...Smyrnaman

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by smyrna View Post
    How about...the police told him...directly and specifically...to back off and NOT follow the boy. He CHOSE to ignore a direct police order and confront the (Skittles eating) kid, with a gun.
    Yep and that's precisly why the fl self defense law does not apply in this case even though the antis are blaming it.

Gun Free Zone, A Criminals Safe Haven

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by smyrna View Post
    And your evidence he continued to follow him is? And he lost his right to self defense if he did by what statute again? And no, it was not a direct order by police, it was advice from a 911 operator.

Post Like Stats

And your evidence he continued to follow him is? And he lost his right to self defense if he did by what statute again? And no, it was not a direct order by police, it was advice from a 911 operator.
    statute does not say go running after every stranger you don't know. The kid was not committing a felony and was not posing immeninat threat to zimmerman.

My Mood
    Happy
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

No, it was the police.

Care to listen to the very first words said on Zimmerman's call?
    The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature. -Lincoln

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by drylok View Post
    statute does not say go running after every stranger you don't know. The kid was not committing a felony and was not posing immeninat threat to zimmerman.
    There are no statutes that say I can do any number of things I am perfectly free to do. If you want to claim he somehow violated the law by approaching Martin and asking him a question you'll have to produce an actual statute that makes it illegal. That's how it works.

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by who View Post
    No, it was the police.
    "You don't need to do that" is not a direct order not to follow him, it's a suggestion.

Care to listen to the very first words said on Zimmerman's call?
    What about them?

My Mood
    Tired
    Ideology
    Libertarian Party
    Post Like Stats

The only person with a right to self defense in this case was Martin. He's the one that had a stranger follow and then accost him. He did nothing wrong except the horrible crime of walking while black in a white neighborhood. You lose your right to self defense when you initiate the conflict. Even one of the authors of Florida's Stand Your Ground, aka kill at will, law agrees.

My Mood
    Happy
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

"You don't need to do that" is not a direct order not to follow him, it's a suggestion.

What about them?
    You said it was a 911 operator. It wasn't.

When police tell a person not to do something, it's generally not "a suggestion."
    The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature. -Lincoln

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    The only person with a right to self defense in this case was Martin. He's the one that had a stranger follow and then accost him. He did nothing wrong except the horrible crime of walking while black in a white neighborhood. You lose your right to self defense when you initiate the conflict. Even one of the authors of Florida's Stand Your Ground, aka kill at will, law agrees.
    Spot on!
    Whatever you are, be a good one. Abraham Lincoln

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

I have asked repeatedly but I'll ask it again, please show me the statute that strips someone of their right to self defense for approaching someone on a pubic street and asking them a question.

Setting aside for the moment that it hasn't been proven that Zimmerman approached him and not the other way around.

Post Like Stats

Exactly, had the boy approached zimmerman and posed immentant threat or great bodily harm or had the boy been in the commission of a felony like breaking into someones home then zimmerman would be justified. But the boy was doing no such thing thus the fl law is not applicable and zimmerman is guilty.

Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by who View Post
    You said it was a 911 operator. It wasn't.

When police tell a person not to do something, it's generally not "a suggestion."
    Ok, dispatcher, police officer or not, "we don't need you to do that" is not an order not to do it. An order not to do it would be something like, "Do not do that". And I am not even sure a citizen is obligated to follow police orders given over the phone to begin with legally speaking even if it had been an order.