Page 208 of 241 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3610

Thread: More With Photography

Post Like Stats

Default More With Photography

"old guy" posted a thread on Nature Photography. That has been corrupted (even by me) with landscapes and other bits of work. To avoid further corrupting his thread I have created this one.

Some of these images you may have seen other versions, or similar versions, of a posted by me at times. Usually I post fairly small renditions. These are slightly larger (but not full size). Some of you may not understand the content of a few, others may find some of them not their cup of tea. However, photography and photo art covers a broad spectrum of topics and styles. I attempt in my quest with photography to address many of them.

The other day I sent an image to snow96 via PM. I don't think he would mind my repeating a small part of his response.
    Quote Originally Posted by snow96
    Your mind is a scary place lee
    What the comment from snow96 really reflects is that it is OK to get creative with photography, with images.

I should note: One of the nice things about wet process film and print was that when you handed to or sent someone an image you knew exactly what they would see. The problem with digital, the Internet, monitor quality, etc. is that if the viewers monitor / video card set-up is not properly optimized they may not, in their viewing, be seeing the image as it really is. I will address that topic more later.

Anyway, here are some random images. Feel free to post your own. All of these are Clickable Thumbnails.

"That means that no matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what." President Obama, speech to the American Medical Association, June 15, 2009, during the debate over health insurance reform.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Meriweather View Post
    What a beautiful portrait.

Simply deleted the attachments I made early in the thread.
    The image was one from an advertising / promotional set that we did.

You did not need to remove past images / attachments. We will, eventually, correct the issue which will automatically install a correction.
    "That means that no matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away, no matter what." President Obama, speech to the American Medical Association, June 15, 2009, during the debate over health insurance reform.

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Kington View Post
    The image was one from an advertising / promotional set that we did.

You did not need to remove past images / attachments. We will, eventually, correct the issue which will automatically install a correction.

Noted the old attachments yesterday when I was checking out settings and the like. Almost deleted them then as too old to keep. Like a wallet, tend to want to keep my profile as light as possible.

Post Like Stats

The 'insert image' icon in the editor will allow an attachment to be properly placed in a post.

My Mood
    Obnoxious
    Ideology
    Filthy Liberal
    Post Like Stats

a least bittern with breakfast

yes i am a pirate,200 years to late

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    a least bittern with breakfast
    In the second one, like how you also caught the ripples caused by his claws.

Post Like Stats

The attachment / thumbnail issue has now been corrected.
    Last edited by Lee Kington; May 11th, 2012 at 7:23 pm.

Post Like Stats

We had some discussion on montage / composite images not long ago. Here is one where I employed such technique creating an image related to some promotional / advertizing work.
    tn_2132Sm2c.jpg

Post Like Stats

We had some discussion on montage / composite images not long ago. Here is one where I employed such technique creating an image related to some promotional / advertizing work.
    tn_2132Sm2c.jpg

Your work with people enchants me. That's a wonderful montage.

Eldest daughter will be home in a week, and has agreed to serve as my practice model--providing I first send her a new set of parakeet pictures. (I'm not sure whether that is blackmail or bribery.)

Post Like Stats

Your work with people enchants me. That's a wonderful montage.
    Glad you find it a worthy image.

Enchants? Hmmmmmm

I am not usually one to gimmick an image, but........

Eldest daughter will be home in a week, and has agreed to serve as my practice model--providing I first send her a new set of parakeet pictures. (I'm not sure whether that is blackmail or bribery.)
    LOL.. send her a super-close up of say the parakeet's feet and then one of the beak. Tell her if she does well as your model during the visit you will send her the rest of the bird (in images).

Post Like Stats

Glad you find it a worthy image.

Enchants? Hmmmmmm

I am not usually one to gimmick an image, but........

LOL.. send her a super-close up of say the parakeet's feet and then one of the beak. Tell her if she does well as your model during the visit you will send her the rest of the bird (in images).
    Gimmick or no, that is a very nice touch to that particular portrait. It fits.

Beaks and feet! That will be hilarious. I'll send her a set for each bird and see how many she can correctly identify. Grin, I can hear her now..."Mmmoommmm!"

Post Like Stats

Details change quickly here this time of year. A couple of weeks ago, weed tendrils waving over a rock, had me taking a casual snap. Casual snaps are usually relegated to the recycle bin the first pass over, but this one had me taking a second look at the texture and colors of the drying algae on the rock. And, for no particular reason, I happen to like the weed tendrils.

Another shot of a different rock--but didn't capture the texture, and the algae looks almost painted on. Plus the weeds didn't stand out in the image as much as they did in the actual setting.

Here is one of the tendrils up close.

Textures, colors, shapes...Couldn't get it to come together this year; already wondering what I might try next April.

Post Like Stats

Composition & exposure are there.... but.....maybe a little more pop to the ladybug image?

Post Like Stats

With the other two I see a an area with a lot of potential and also grasp an idea of what was captured. I wonder if you attempted any other angles, compositions, etc. ?

Post Like Stats

Composition & exposure are there.... but.....maybe a little more pop to the ladybug image?

A very nice difference! Thank you.

Post Like Stats

With the other two I see a an area with a lot of potential and also grasp an idea of what was captured. I wonder if you attempted any other angles, compositions, etc. ?
    No, nothing other than a couple of different exposure settings, zooming out, zooming in. It wasn't until I saw the images later that I saw the camera was trying to pick up something I couldn't (and still can't) quite yet see. Next Spring I can try different angles, perhaps a different lens as well.