Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark-you just lost a listener

Post Like Stats

Thumbs down Mark-you just lost a listener

because you have too many COMMERCIALS! - take a 7 minute break, come back for 30 seconds, say "we'll be right back"... 5 minutes later, come back on for 2 minutes, say we will be right back, come back for 3 minutes, commercials again for 6 minutes etc etc! Why in the heck do you have so many commercials!!!? I love listening to him but the breaks are way way way too much and you cannot focus and really get into his show

ANYONE EVER DO A ENTIRE SHOW OF HIS? Commercials vs. on air time>?
    Last edited by Kevin; June 23rd, 2009 at 8:52 pm.

SweetTalkin'Woman

It's not him, it's the ad space required by the radio stations. Different hosts spread their breaks out differently. I noticed Rush breaks at a certain time and allows for a longer segment before the 1/2 hour break, whereas Glenn Beck goes a little longer in his monologue and only has a few seconds before his 1/2 hour break. Sean does the same thing.

Don't get me wrong, I hate all the commercials too, but it's like that for every show.

Post Like Stats

I don't know. I had a chance to listen to Glenn, Rush, Sean, and then some of Mark during work today. There were definitely more, and a lot more, commercials during Mark's show than the others. Possibly Rush, Sean and Glenn get a lot more money per advertising minute, so they don't need as many total minutes of commercials to receive a lot more revenue. I'm not sure about that, but I am sure that there were a lot more commercial minutes during Mark's show. In fact, it was almost like listening to an infomercial with Mark doing commercials at times.

Post Like Stats

YEP.No one- no one has half as many commercials as Mark. In the 3 hours he is on, I bet he has 35 minutes of show!

Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

It seems like he has a short segment just before the top and bottom of every hour.

needfiction

Its all the same, the breaks are timed alike on all shows. You can watch that it starts at like 2 minutes after the hour and at 17 minutes you have a break. At 30 minutes you have a break. If they talk to long, that doesn't leave enough time in the next segment.

Mark is the ONLY top tier host I know of though that offers his show for free as a download, and you can see just how long it is without breaks...1 hour 36 minutes. Guess how long Rush's podcast is? 1 hour 36 minutes without commercials... so the time of actual talking is the same.

I will wait until the show is done, then listen to the download so I don't have to endure the commercials.

patriciarnbsn

Dear Booooooooish

The commercials are an unfortunate necessity for all. You can always visit Mark's web site and listen to a commercial free stream. I drop everything to listen to The Great One and if this is impossible I listen to the stream. The information is to valuable to miss.

samsaysit

Default Talk Radio has to be paid for just like everything else

There is some truth to what is being discussed on this point.

Most talk radio programs seem at times more commercial space than meaningful talk space. At times, it seems like it is a soapbox for individuals to rant from.

But, if we all take a breath, understand that it cost money to do anything in this world and every business has itīs form of income production and for talk radio it is advertising time and space on the program and that is how it works.

Think of it this way, by being a listener we help keep the people that have a voice and use it on issues and in ways that we support, we are making an investment and a contribution to keeping their voice and the messages we want people to be aware of in the mix of discussion.

If they are taken off the air due to low revenues trust me guys and gals, you wonīt hear Markīs points or Seanīs points anywhere else. Do you think the NY Times is going to give them space to raise these points or take the spin off most of what the media is going to present?

There is a price to pay for everything and a cost to have a voice.

These guys pay the price and give us a voice.

If it had not been for Sean and others where do you think some of the bills Congress was considering in 2007 and 2008 would have brought us, especially on immigration?

By getting the word out, offering some suggestions on how to press congressmen and women with calls, emails and letters, all of which was done via the airwaves, that legislation was defeated.

I would much rather listen to three hours of uninterrupted discussion on these vital topics but, in order to get whatever time is spent focusing on those issues of importance a portion of time has to be allocated to pay for the space I am all for it.

It is the one thing in the day that really costs me nothing personally other than the time I listen and it does get messages heard and issues discussed openly and in some cases nakedly and trust me, these guys are the only ones who will do it. The rest of the media will still layer you with commercials but will offer you spin, Obama kool-aid and cloud issues so you wonīt know the truth.

It is worth it to have these people on the air and to listen to the advertising necessary to keep them there.

The other option would be for all of us to send a check every week for advertising free time and I am sure you donīt want to do that.

By the way, Mark, Sean and the rest, I would but am glad that I donīt have to.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

You are all great Americans!!

My Mood
    Defiant
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by BOOOOOOSHHHH View Post
    because you have too many COMMERCIALS! - take a 7 minute break, come back for 30 seconds, say "we'll be right back"... 5 minutes later, come back on for 2 minutes, say we will be right back, come back for 3 minutes, commercials again for 6 minutes etc etc! Why in the heck do you have so many commercials!!!? I love listening to him but the breaks are way way way too much and you cannot focus and really get into his show

Makes the podcasts just that much more crisp!
    Hailreagan: I miss her.

chuj666

Hannity,Levin, Savage....the true American heroes

RoxannaDanna

If I can't hear an entire Levin show, which I usually can't because of my work, I listen on my computer later. It's virtually commercial free and listening is free, too!

Post Like Stats

Are you kidding? The commercials are when I run around like a maniac and do housework outside the range of the radio

Note to self:

buy more radios and skip housework entirely.
    There are stars in the Southern sky And if ever you decide you should go
    There is a taste of thyme sweetened honey
    Down the Seven Bridges Road /Eagles

RoxannaDanna

Quote Originally Posted by tinydancer View Post
    Are you kidding? The commercials are when I run around like a maniac and do housework outside the range of the radio

Note to self:

buy more radios and skip housework entirely.
    I listen to him on my laptop, either on Sirus radio or listen to his program later in the night from his website... so I just take him from room to room while I clean house! HA! ;-)

rightside

If you don't want to listen to his show because of commercials ,you can listen commercial free later in the evening , check his website marklevinshow/audio.

LadyGunSlinger

Mark Levin is my absolute favorite talk radio host. You can go to YouTube, put his name in and listen to all the calls where he trashes stupid liberals..