Thread: My son Mitchell

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Default My son Mitchell

My youngest 17 year old son has suffered an accidental gun shot wound to the head. I am posting this from Hunstville Hospital ICU waithing room. The foklks are very nice here. he was transfered here from a smaller hospital. He has undergone brain surgery and all they will tell us at this point is that things are not looking good, and that if he does survive there is certainly severe brain damage. The good part is the bullet only passed through about 1/3 to 1/2 of his brain but there is damage.

It doesn't get any worse than this my friends. THis is the worst life has to offer. He was with friends and there was a firarm is all we really know. The cops say there is not foul play and I have spoken to the boys present. Yall I'm sorry I can't talk about it right now.

Please pray for Mitchell, things are not looking good for him.

God bless,

Jeff
    Last edited by jwil59; December 25th, 2008 at 1:24 am.
    Lord, I need You, oh, I need You, Every hour I need You
    My one defense, my righteousness, Oh God, how I need You

Post Like Stats

How is everything going?

How about an update?

Give us the good word -

My Mood
    Lazy
    Ideology
    Rightwing Nutjob
    Post Like Stats

have not forgotten.

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Thank you Bob, God bless you my brother.

Things are ok I guess. It is hard to come to grips with the fact that things are probably not going to get any better for Mitchell physically. I can tell it is wearing on him. Heck, it is wearing on all of us, but it is what it is

His Grace is enough

My Mood
    Somber
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by jwil59 View Post
    Thank you Bob, God bless you my brother.

Things are ok I guess. It is hard to come to grips with the fact that things are probably not going to get any better for Mitchell physically. I can tell it is wearing on him. Heck, it is wearing on all of us, but it is what it is

His Grace is enough
    What things physical ever last?

It's the spiritual that matters: and you folks are thriving -- and feeding others in the process.

My soul sings with the grace He has shown me -- shown me through your own trials and tribulations.

The essence of a victorious life is taking the crap and using our faith to turn the garbage into pure gold, gold that gleams inside our hearts and minds.
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" -- and, Obama, your good intentions ARE hell for everybody except your chosen special few.

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Today is Mitch's 23rd birthday. Thank you all from the depths of my heart for your support over the past 5 years. I don't know what else to say. This is a special day every year for our family. By God's Grace today and this weekend we will celebrate another year of life for Mitch instead of mourning his death that could have been after that devastating gun shot in Dec of 2008.

Praise the Lord and again thank you all for your prayers and support and words of encouragement over the years May God bless you all, each and every one.

7. Likes Dreamy liked this post
    My Mood
    Coquettish
    Post Like Stats

And God Bless you and your family. You certainly have a reason to celebrate another year with Mitch. It could have been so much worse. If that is possible after what you all have been through. Prayers for you. And Happy Birthday to Mitch!
    Obama shows his anger over the VA Scandal by sliding his ass down a lunch counter. Vets die, and Obama slides.

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Independent
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by jwil59 View Post
    Today is Mitch's 23rd birthday. Thank you all from the depths of my heart for your support over the past 5 years. I don't know what else to say. This is a special day every year for our family. By God's Grace today and this weekend we will celebrate another year of life for Mitch instead of mourning his death that could have been after that devastating gun shot in Dec of 2008.

Praise the Lord and again thank you all for your prayers and support and words of encouragement over the years May God bless you all, each and every one.
    Happy Birthday Mitch!

What a great age.

I can't believe it has been 5 years since those very dark days after his horrible injury. Praise the Lord for prayers answered and for gift of more time for this young man to continue his life journey here on Earth. God bless you all.