Hybrid View

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Default My son Mitchell

My youngest 17 year old son has suffered an accidental gun shot wound to the head. I am posting this from Hunstville Hospital ICU waithing room. The foklks are very nice here. he was transfered here from a smaller hospital. He has undergone brain surgery and all they will tell us at this point is that things are not looking good, and that if he does survive there is certainly severe brain damage. The good part is the bullet only passed through about 1/3 to 1/2 of his brain but there is damage.

It doesn't get any worse than this my friends. THis is the worst life has to offer. He was with friends and there was a firarm is all we really know. The cops say there is not foul play and I have spoken to the boys present. Yall I'm sorry I can't talk about it right now.

Please pray for Mitchell, things are not looking good for him.

God bless,

Jeff
    Last edited by jwil59; December 25th, 2008 at 1:24 am.
    Lord, I need You, oh, I need You, Every hour I need You
    My one defense, my righteousness, Oh God, how I need You

My Mood
    Delighted
    Ideology
    Christian Conservative
    Post Like Stats

I am so sorry, brother! I am definitely lifting you all up in prayer!
    On the Coast of Somewhere beautiful running with my heart

Seanachie

Oh my God! Please God send HELP to Mitchell. Please HELP with a host of Angels. Please God send HELP to this Boy's Father. Please God send Help to His Family. Please God. Please God Please God...

I will be praying intensly for your Son and for You and for your Family for as long as it takes for this Boy to make it through.

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

They won't tell us anything. I'm dyin here

Please pray abotu this

Post Like Stats

I am sorry to hear this. I will stop right now and lift you, your son and family up in prayer.
    May God be with you throughout this ordeal and give you strength my friend.

My Mood
    Somber
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by jwil59 View Post

Please pray abotu this
    Put your trust in the LORD, not in docs and nurses, brother mine.

HE knows exactly what's going on inside Mitchell's skull -- and He's got it totally under control.

And we're praying for miracles to knock those docs flat on their keesters so they too can see and know the deliverance that comes only from Christ.

Hang tough in faith, never doubting.
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" -- and, Obama, your good intentions ARE hell for everybody except your chosen special few.

My Mood
    Content
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Blog Entries
    Post Like Stats

Thank you all so much. I love you all.

There are only 4 computers here and lots of families so I cannot respond to everyone or the all the PMs at this time. Please know how gratefull we are though and how much I love you guys.

here is ther latest. Mitchell's brain is swelling which is very bad. he has responded twice to day to commands. They asked him for a thumbs up and he did that two times, one time strongly and once weak. he has also responded to pain a couple time with one hand. They pinch his check and he swips their hand away. They say two times is better than none. The surgery last night went well, they removed some bone fragments that have damaged his brain and a blood clot. They keep telling us that he is nowhere near out of the woods and only time will tell. We get to see him for about 20 minutes every 3 hours or so. There is no pain in this world that could possibly match this, this is the worst life has to offer. I know some of you have been through this so you know what I am saying.

Please keep praying, we cannot let up. I humbly and thankfully ask that, and know that I love you for it

When we left last night for Huntiville, I asked God that Mitch would draw Dr Murray( a neurosurgeion) for the surgery and attending physican and that is what happened. Dr Murray is the best they have to offer.

It's in God's hands and I am good with that. Besides the prayer, I ask that each and every one of you pick somebody you love dearly tonight and hold them close, they could be gone tommorrow. Let that sink in and then go hold those folks, do it for me. Sumpin good has got to come from this.

I am also graqtefull for the stick, I will check back with you guys when I can. In the meantime you know what to do.

Post Like Stats

Leave it to you, to try to help others even as you are suffering so very, very much. So many prayers for your son, you, and your family.

There are only 4 computers here and lots of families so I cannot respond to everyone or the all the PMs at this time. Please know how gratefull we are though and how much I love you guys.

here is ther latest. Mitchell's brain is swelling which is very bad. he has responded twice to day to commands. They asked him for a thumbs up and he did that two times, one time strongly and once weak. he has also responded to pain a couple time with one hand. They pinch his check and he swips their hand away. They say two times is better than none. The surgery last night went well, they removed some bone fragments that have damaged his brain and a blood clot. They keep telling us that he is nowhere near out of the woods and only time will tell. We get to see him for about 20 minutes every 3 hours or so. There is no pain in this world that could possibly match this, this is the worst life has to offer. I know some of you have been through this so you know what I am saying.

Please keep praying, we cannot let up. I humbly and thankfully ask that, and know that I love you for it

When we left last night for Huntiville, I asked God that Mitch would draw Dr Murray( a neurosurgeion) for the surgery and attending physican and that is what happened. Dr Murray is the best they have to offer.

It's in God's hands and I am good with that. Besides the prayer, I ask that each and every one of you pick somebody you love dearly tonight and hold them close, they could be gone tommorrow. Let that sink in and then go hold those folks, do it for me. Sumpin good has got to come from this.

I am also graqtefull for the stick, I will check back with you guys when I can. In the meantime you know what to do.
    Imagine if instead we all got together and planted a garden.

Post Like Stats

Prayers to Mitchell and family Jeff. May God work miracles in his body to bring healing.

You are a blessing Jeff. I love you my brother.
    "Oh, your friends with their fancy persuation don't admit that it's part of a scheme. But, I can't help but have my suspicions cuz I ain't quite as dumb as I seem." Ace

Post Like Stats

As soon as I read this I walked into the kitchen and grabbed my son and held him tight and cried my eyes out as I told him I loved him so much he thought I had lost my mind, I told him what you had told us to do and he cried and prayed for your son.

Sweet Jesus stay with this boy.
    http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo260/birdonawire_01/BOW-Garbo-Sig-1.jpg

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

We love you also, can your feel our love for you and your son. Yes we know what to do, you have always been there for us. You have been a blessing to this entire forum. Thank you for being you!

Your post makes tears flow from my soul *hugs of comfort* for you and yours

My Mood
    Sanguine
    Ideology
    Get off my lawn
    Post Like Stats

Please pray abotu this
    Oh sweety

May Peace shadow your every thought, and may the Lord of Lords and the Great I AM, bring healing and touch the hands of the Doctors to bring complete healing into Mitchell as we all pray together

Post Like Stats

Oh sweet Jesus send angels down to this family to minister to them in their most greatest need!

Send you're Holy Spirit down and please give this young man hugs and healing!!!!

Please hear our heart felt pleas and tears dear God.

I know exactly what you're going through I too have had a son on deaths door ( three times to be exact ) they said he wouldn't make it and if he did he would be severely brain damaged but God fooled the Doctors then and he can do it again!
    http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo260/birdonawire_01/BOW-Garbo-Sig-1.jpg

free2B

Quote Originally Posted by birdonawire View Post
    Oh sweet Jesus send angels down to this family to minister to them in their most greatest need!

Send you're Holy Spirit down and please give this young man hugs and healing!!!!

I know exactly what you're going through I too have had a son on deaths door ( three times to be exact ) they said he wouldn't make it and if he did he would be severely brain damaged but God fooled the Doctors then and he can do it again!
    miracles come down from the Lord are still available to us my prayers are with you and your family in this time of need. Have Faith in the healing Grace of Jesus through our Father in Heaven

Post Like Stats

Quote Originally Posted by birdonawire View Post

I too have had the same experience w/ my first cousin. When he was 13 he was hit by a car while on his 3 wheeler. It was so bad he had to be flown to Houston and after 2 wks of dr's insisting he wouldn't make it & if he did he'd have brain damage. The day my aunt & uncle made the dreadful decision to take him off life support, they called all of us and I vividly remember my Maw Maw breaking down & blaming herself (it happened at her home)... then moments later they called us with news of a miracle of God... he started breathing on his own when they removed life support!!

Today, he is a 38 yr old father of two and never suffered the slightest form of any brain damage that the dr's insisted would be there. It is proof of why we should put our trust in God and not that of others...

Families must NEVER give up hope...
    Last edited by New Orleans Lady; December 22nd, 2008 at 11:04 pm.

"Licensing and Permit Fees Not Included"