Rand Paul: "Republicans have "gone completely crazy" on voter identification" - Blogs - Sean Hannity Discussion

View RSS Feed

madasheck

Rand Paul: "Republicans have "gone completely crazy" on voter identification"

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by bullseyelqcs View Post
Quote Originally Posted by snagswolf View Post
As I said before, it makes sense that those gaming the system would want to keep the current system in place.

If Republicans saw in person voting fraud as an advantage, why would they be pushing for Voter ID?
Anecdotal as it may be, here is a story about how actually simple it is to acquire a fake ID card. As a younger man (old boy, actually, but I digress), I once used less that legitimate methods to get my hands on what would be otherwise a completely legal drivers license. I used my buddies older brothers birth certificate, went to the DMV, claimed I had lost my old ID, and they simply snapped a new pic and let me walk out with my ID, which I immediately used to get some hooch for the first time "legally" in store.

If that kind of thing can happen for a kid trying to get his drink on, what makes you think that voter ID is going to work any better when there is a hell of a lot more to gain than a fifth of Thunderbird and a bottle of MD 20/20?

Republicans see less people voting as a route to winning. Voter ID is a means to that end. God forbid they would simply attempt to appeal to more people.

Submit "Rand Paul: "Republicans have "gone completely crazy" on voter identification"" to Digg Submit "Rand Paul: "Republicans have "gone completely crazy" on voter identification"" to del.icio.us Submit "Rand Paul: "Republicans have "gone completely crazy" on voter identification"" to StumbleUpon Submit "Rand Paul: "Republicans have "gone completely crazy" on voter identification"" to Google

Comments