PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Kirk
September 24th, 2016, 2:06 am
Hey there,

Looking forward to talking to you all about the issues that really matter in this country.

Cordelier
September 25th, 2016, 8:36 pm
Hey there,

Looking forward to talking to you all about the issues that really matter in this country.

Hey Kirk - Welcome aboard. What issues did you have in mind?

Remus Lupin
September 26th, 2016, 4:47 pm
Welcome

supreme_war_Pig
September 26th, 2016, 10:45 pm
Howdy:yo:

Duq
September 30th, 2016, 11:28 am
Thank you for the warm welcome. Looking forward to reading and learning from everyone.
Duq

GEC123
October 11th, 2016, 2:13 am
Let me introduce myself- GEC123. Hello to all, I am excited to be trying out a discussion forum. I hope one or more of the longtime residents of the forum will please pass-on my thank you to Sean Hannity for this forum. I have just spent about two weeks reading a forum topic in the religion category. I read about having our communities in America "move the
dial" on religious freedom of expression. It was a long discussion with many contributors. To me, it was very interesting. I want to thank those who took the time to reflect and answer as to whether our society can move toward more freedom to express our religion/faith openly in school settings. Thanks in particular to RayDan for moderating and Meriweather for asking the questions about prayer in the open, etc. The points and remarks were thought provoking in a good way.

Cordelier
October 11th, 2016, 3:46 am
Let me introduce myself- GEC123. Hello to all, I am excited to be trying out a discussion forum. I hope one or more of the longtime residents of the forum will please pass-on my thank you to Sean Hannity for this forum. I have just spent about two weeks reading a forum topic in the religion category. I read about having our communities in America "move the
dial" on religious freedom of expression. It was a long discussion with many contributors. To me, it was very interesting. I want to thank those who took the time to reflect and answer as to whether our society can move toward more freedom to express our religion/faith openly in school settings. Thanks in particular to RayDan for moderating and Meriweather for asking the questions about prayer in the open, etc. The points and remarks were thought provoking in a good way.

Welcome aboard, GEC... I hope you have nothing but good experiences with the forum and that you find plenty of people to disagree with (because it'd be pretty boring if everyone agreed), but who do it without being disagreeable.

GEC123
October 11th, 2016, 1:34 pm
Welcome aboard, GEC... I hope you have nothing but good experiences with the forum and that you find plenty of people to disagree with (because it'd be pretty boring if everyone agreed), but who do it without being disagreeable.

Hi Cordelier, It's nice to meet you. And yes, I do look forward to the variety of posts with whom I can agree or disagree. It's true that a difference of opinion can make things lively, and examining the ideas in more depth can be revealing on different levels. Of course it's also fun to have an agreeable idea or two. 🍿

Cordelier
October 11th, 2016, 1:38 pm
Hi Cordelier, It's nice to meet you. And yes, I do look forward to the variety of posts with whom I can agree or disagree. It's true that a difference of opinion can make things lively, and examining the ideas in more depth can be revealing on different levels. Of course it's also fun to have an agreeable idea or two. 

This is true... but I've got to figure it's the most fun to have someone who disagrees with you completely and then turn'em around to your point of view. *L* It's rare, but I hear tell it happens every now and again.

FlameHeart
October 15th, 2016, 8:14 am
Hi Kirk, welcome to the forum.

Nemesis
October 16th, 2016, 10:08 pm
What is it with new members creating intro threads and then never posting again?

GEC123
October 18th, 2016, 1:03 am
What is it with new members creating intro threads and then never posting again?
Hi Nemesis, I just became a member of the forum, but I think many new members may have read this as part of the welcome. Whether you are a new member, or a member who doesn't post often, introduce yourself, by creating a thread in this forum. (Sorry if the font is larger...?!) It sounds sort of like they're supposed to do it. I wasn't sure, if someone wanted each new person to stick out or create/add a first post to a thread. 🐓

Cordelier
October 18th, 2016, 2:54 pm
Hi Kirk, welcome to the forum.

I thought Kirk changed his name to Duq?